Lotus Notes to iPhone

Quag_mire

Jul 26, 2010
an iPhone update was sent out last month that allows you to set the From address on mails sent from the iPhone.

MartinScott WirelessMail for Notes (http://martinscott.com/wirelessmail) does that forwarding part, and takes it a step further by storing copies of emails sent from the iPhone into your Sent view in Notes, so you have a permament record of them as if you had sent them from Notes. It also lets you control which emails are sent to the gmail/yahoo account. And it lets you send an email from iPhone to Notes to do a full text search of your mailfile and return (i.e. resend) matching messages. It installs in about minute, and there's a free 30-day trial you can activate later if it works for you.
I'm using WirelessMail and it works great except for the return address. I know about changing the return email address but is there a way to enter my work's return email address? Or is there another app like WirelessMail that doesn't have to use another email server? I'm trying to make my iPhone mail look and act just like my Notes email. As with another user, my IT dept disabled IMAP. TIA for any assistance!

supersonicbaron

Bronze
Oct 26, 2010
simple download lotusynch from the app store.
Well I got this app on your advice and I must admit it is the most useless thing I ever purchased ... Well it does not work , all attempts to contact the developer was unsuccessful , it was a tragic waste of 7$. Please stay clear of this app unless you are into charity.. Giving away money for nothing

pimsyncer

May 13, 2011
There is a tool (pimsyncer.com) to sync Lotus Calendar (events and tasks) with Yahoo! and then it's possible to sync with iPhone over the air. That is Yahoo! is a intermediate between Lotus and iPhone. This tool can run on any operation system which is supported by Lotus Notes/Domino.

Peacekepr

Bronze
Jul 30, 2010
Ask your Notes Admin about Lotus Notes Traveler.
Notes Traveler is supposed to integrate Notes email, calendar, and contacts with the native iPhone apps.

We have just gotten this at work and I don't have access yet - will report back after I have had the opportunity to test it.

Timwool

Aug 11, 2011
I have the lotus traveler and it works great. Have my email, contacts and calendar on my iPhone. I have tried others this is the best way.

Peacekepr

Bronze
Jul 30, 2010
@Timwoll
Question about Notes Traveler.
I like to keep work separate from my personal stuff and do NOT want my personal data on my work email account.

Does Notes traveler grab you personal callendar and personal contacts and sync them back to Notes? Or does it only add the work items to your iPhone?

Kim Van Den Berg

Sep 14, 2011
Oud-Loosdrecht
@Timwoll
Question about Notes Traveler.
I like to keep work separate from my personal stuff and do NOT want my personal data on my work email account.

Does Notes traveler grab you personal callendar and personal contacts and sync them back to Notes? Or does it only add the work items to your iPhone?
Sorry don't know the answer to your question for sure, as far as I know you select the mail file and server which you want to use and this will not be mixed with personal email. This site might be helpful to find your answer: http://www-01.ibm.com/software/lotus/products/notes/traveler.html

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
They are separate. I use, MobileME and my Work Lotus Notes. All my personal stuff is in Mobile Me and I can't live without my work Calendar. They are combined on your phone, but private stuff is not displayed on work Calenday. Do make sure, if you make a event on your phone, that you set it to the correct Calendar though.