LOUD buzzing noise.. happen to anyone else?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
welll i had music playing and i was on safari searching the web on wifi when all of a sudden the music stopped and a LOUD buzzing noise was emmiting from the iPhone i stopped everything and tried putting it in sleep mode but the buzz still sounded. then i tried to power off the iPhone but it was taking to long to do so while buzzing so i just did a hard reset to get rid of it and then when it powered back on it said you only have less than 20 percent battery life blah blah. im assuming it had something to do with my battery life and multitasking but has this happened to anyone else?

jedsplit

Jul 20, 2007
happened to me too?

Just bought an iPhone last night, got it activated charged it up, then started using it. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, crazy buzzing. It kept happening any time I would access data like YouTube, Maps, Weather, Safari, etc. It would buzz and I couldn't stop it, not even with lowering the olume. It would stop buzzing when the reception was lost...bars would go to zero then say NO SERVICE then AT&T and bars would come back and I'd try to access data again and it would buzz. Today I spoke with Apple support and they had never heard of anything like that but are going to fix it for me, they are sending a box to ship it to them. How do you get it resolved and do you know what the cause is, I'd love to know. Shoot me an email jed@jedsplit.com THANKS!

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
Just bought an iPhone last night, got it activated charged it up, then started using it. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, crazy buzzing. It kept happening any time I would access data like YouTube, Maps, Weather, Safari, etc. It would buzz and I couldn't stop it, not even with lowering the olume. It would stop buzzing when the reception was lost...bars would go to zero then say NO SERVICE then AT&T and bars would come back and I'd try to access data again and it would buzz. Today I spoke with Apple support and they had never heard of anything like that but are going to fix it for me, they are sending a box to ship it to them. How do you get it resolved and do you know what the cause is, I'd love to know. Shoot me an email jed@jedsplit.com THANKS!
its just a glitch or somthing all i did was do a hard reset by holding the sleep/wake button and the home button for about 8 seconds until the screen goes off and it restarts that fixed the noise. you should try that before you send it in.

jedsplit

Jul 20, 2007
I actually did do a soft and hard reset and it still wasn't fixed, i walked through those resets with Apple tech. I'll try to reset it again though. Does yours work fine now with no problems at all? Have you had it working completey fine since it was reset? THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE!

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
I actually did do a soft and hard reset and it still wasn't fixed, i walked through those resets with Apple tech. I'll try to reset it again though. Does yours work fine now with no problems at all? Have you had it working completey fine since it was reset? THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE!
yeah its been fine i think the loud buzzing noise happened one more time tho but t was easily fixed by doing the reset. it hasn't done it in a while. maybe your is just messed up since it wouldn't work for you when you reseted it so yeah maybe a replacement is needed.

jedsplit

Jul 20, 2007
again, thanks for the quick reply. yup, i already ahve a schedules replacement and a loaner phone en route so i might as well send it back. just wanted to check because you never know if Apple will charge you for fixing it if they say it's not their fault, rather not part with my phone for a week or tow either. oh well, again, thanks!

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
again, thanks for the quick reply. yup, i already ahve a schedules replacement and a loaner phone en route so i might as well send it back. just wanted to check because you never know if Apple will charge you for fixing it if they say it's not their fault, rather not part with my phone for a week or tow either. oh well, again, thanks!
yeah no problem man.