Love the iPhone hate AT&T

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Simply stated their network sucks.

I have more dropped calls everyday and cant remember when i had one with Verizon.

oh well.

Jul 7, 2007
Exact opposite for me. Have not had a single dropped call or trouble with a call yet on att. My last phone with verizon was terrible, I'd sometimes not even be able to make a call because it wouldn't get reception anywhere.

I was honestly expecting att to not be all that much better, but it's really been great so far.

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Yeah i am in the opposite boat. I have been with At&t since 2000 and have never had as many problems as all my friends with their services. The only service that has really compared to the quality that i have is T-Mobile and Nextel. Nextel is way to expensive so that is a huge down fall.

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Exact opposite for me. Have not had a single dropped call or trouble with a call yet on att. My last phone with verizon was terrible, I'd sometimes not even be able to make a call because it wouldn't get reception anywhere.

I was honestly expecting att to not be all that much better, but it's really been great so far.

wow must be nice.

Must just be my area, i got so many dead stops driving around town it drives me nuts.

ZJH90

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
San Francisco!!!!
I honestly do not understand why all these people hate AT&T. I have had it since 2001, and never had a single problem with it. I once went to Tmobile because I wanted a Sidekick, but that was complete crap. Then we had to move to Sprint/Nextel, and that was more unbearable than I can express. But I was more than happy to return to my beloved AT&T.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
ATT for ten years myself. Actually, Bellsouth, Cingular, then ATT. Buyouts and carrier takeovers used to worry me.

Gotta report ATT's service thus far since the switch from Cingular has been great in Miami.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I totally think it depends on what area your in. I could use Verizon anywhere and it was great. AT&T has improved since I first had it years ago but there are many places where I do not get good reception with AT&T and I get a lot of calls where the person talking to me sounds like they are underwater. It's probably the area.:oops:

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
I've been on AT&T for over 10 years. Back when it used to be Cellular One, then Cingular and now At&t. The first couple of phones were ok and then the last one (Motorola V551) that I had from Nov. 2004 until the iPhone was the worst of the bunch. I dropped calls literally in almost every conversation. I wasn't sure if it was the network or the phone.

Since I've gotten the iPhone, I don't think I've dropped a call yet. Seriously. I've been on multiple conversations that were over 15-20 minutes and it's working fine. It was definitely my old phone that sucked. I should've gotten a new phone sometime in 2005 or 2006, but as soon as I found out about the iPhone, I held off and had to deal with that crap phone for even another 6 months.

t-mack

Jul 18, 2007
AT&T - so far so good

I had Verizon for the last 5 years and their coverage here in ATL is the best. BUT, that being said, Atlanta is the home of Cing/AT&T and their coverage has definitely improved since my mom had them a couple of years ago.

I don't know if it's having a Quad band phone or just the quality of the radio in the iPhone, but I get reception in our building here at work where no one else can. (There is a VZW repeater in the building or their phones would be useless)

I was skeptical and waited the full 14 days to port and cancel my VZW contract, but to this point, AT&T has been a pleasant surprise!

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
ATT does suck as far as service goes, but the phones are the best. I have had at least 10 dropped calls in about 2 weeks with ATT, all in the NYC area. I NEVER had a dropped call with Verizon in 4 years, but the iPhone is worth it.

lynne

Jul 29, 2007
I miss CINGULAR

Cingular was better than AT&T. Even their voice mail would not let you delete archive. Now?

Simply stated their network sucks.

I have more dropped calls everyday and cant remember when i had one with Verizon.

oh well.

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I've had wonderful service with AT&T/Cingular. I live in a fairly rural section of Palm Beach County, FL, and I have full bars all the time. I don't have a lot of dropped calls, but they do happen. It really depends on where you live, but that's pretty much the deal with any carrier.

brinky

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
I totally think it depends on what area your in. I could use Verizon anywhere and it was great. AT&T has improved since I first had it years ago but there are many places where I do not get good reception with AT&T and I get a lot of calls where the person talking to me sounds like they are underwater. It's probably the area.:oops:
Exactly. It all depends on the tower location nearest you. Obviously if a Verizon tower is closer to your locations then you will get better service from them. If a AT&T tower is closer.... well you get the idea.

Just the the Cisco guys say where I work "It's not the network" it is how you are connecting to it or what is interfering with you connecting to it.

SillyMe

Jun 28, 2007
AT&T is good where I'm at. Had VZW a few years back and had nothing but problems. Couldn't get a signal at work, dropped calls, dead spots by the house. Now, I don't have these problems. It all depends on your location.

Aug 23, 2007
I had Verizon for the last 5 years and their coverage here in ATL is the best. BUT, that being said, Atlanta is the home of Cing/AT&T and their coverage has definitely improved since my mom had them a couple of years ago.

I don't know if it's having a Quad band phone or just the quality of the radio in the iPhone, but I get reception in our building here at work where no one else can. (There is a VZW repeater in the building or their phones would be useless)

I was skeptical and waited the full 14 days to port and cancel my VZW contract, but to this point, AT&T has been a pleasant surprise!
AHHHH, just wait for the 1st bill then we would like to hear from you again! We will see if you feel the bill is pleasant too......:)

iRon

Aug 8, 2007
NorCal
Had Nextel, liked it until they merged with Sprint, then service wasn't so great. Had Cingular before Nextel - so many dropped calls, I paid to get out of that contract and swore I'd never go back. Then the iPhone comes out and, well, you get the idea. I'd have to say the "new" AT&T is better than what I remember when I had Cingular (5 years ago), but here in the east San Francisco Bay Area, the reception isn't as clear or the signal strong. I think my Verizon phone issued by my employer has clearer reception, but I still love my iPhone. I'll just live with it for now...