Love the iPhone hate AT&T

rasputinj

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
in the areas I go to in greater LA, my wife and I have more dropped calls with ATT compared to Verizon previously. My wife loves the phone but does not like ATT, which surprises me since I am the more critcal of coverage, since in my previous life I was a Wireless Engineer.

snowcrash

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
VZW was better for me in the Boston/South of Boston area then ATT has been. Though Im starting to think i got a bunk iPhone. Ill get a bad signal and my brother will have full service. I would prob go back to VZW because their service is AMAZING in the Boston area and I hardly ever dropped a call. Seems that with the iPhone i drop calls all the time (if i can even make one) But think my iPhone is on its last leg and waiting for the BlackBerry 8820 to come out on ATT. If after I get that and still have the problems I'm back to VZW. Though I am gonna keep the iPhone as a toy because its cool to have a widescreen video iPod with WiFi. Though I don't want to go back VZW because they cripple the crap out of their phones

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
VZW was better for me in the Boston/South of Boston area then ATT has been. Though Im starting to think i got a bunk iPhone. Ill get a bad signal and my brother will have full service. I would prob go back to VZW because their service is AMAZING in the Boston area and I hardly ever dropped a call. Seems that with the iPhone i drop calls all the time (if i can even make one) But think my iPhone is on its last leg and waiting for the BlackBerry 8820 to come out on ATT. If after I get that and still have the problems I'm back to VZW. Though I am gonna keep the iPhone as a toy because its cool to have a widescreen video iPod with WiFi. Though I don't want to go back VZW because they cripple the crap out of their phones
I love VZW too but their phones are just crap for the most part. Although the new Moto Q9m does look somewhat promising. but from what i hear same battery issues and sluggishness issues as the original Q.

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
actually from what I know about AT&T's history is that they had a lot of problems back in the TDMA days... they wouldn't sink any money into their towers and what not. Cingular ended up buying their cellular side and dumped some serious money into their wireless network to get it up to par. I just hope that AT&T doesn't try to repeat history again. Ever since Ive been with Cingular (AT&T now) Ive never had any problems.. but I don't live nor drive in the sticks to say.