Low speakerphone volume?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NoWire

Sep 8, 2007
Hi guys and gals,

How's your speakerphone volume? I can barely hear it on mine, just wondering if this is something normal?

They can hear me very clearly on the other end, but somehow it's not the same on my end.

Thanks.:(

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Hi guys and gals,

How's your speakerphone volume? I can barely hear it on mine, just wondering if this is something normal?

They can hear me very clearly on the other end, but somehow it's not the same on my end.

Thanks.:(
same here.. the speaker for hearing music is loud, but for speakerphone it is unusually low...

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Same here! I called 800-myiPhone today and she said there was no reported issue or complain about the low volume level of the speakerphone.
I noticed the microphone is terrible too. If you move too far away from the mic, people cant hear you anymore. I didn't have this issue with my nokia or my blackberry

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I believe this is a known issue with most iPhones.

Some have claimed that when they sent their "malfunctioning" iPhone to Apple for repair, they were given a new iPhone and sounds like the speaker is much louder.

I've only heard of about 3 cases though, so who knows?

Jun 26, 2007
I heard a lot about this in the beginning but not lately, ive also heard that if you take it to an Apple store and it is deemed ineffecent, you can get it replaced

firefighterjmar

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
I heard a lot about this in the beginning but not lately, ive also heard that if you take it to an Apple store and it is deemed ineffecent, you can get it replaced
i can tell you first hand that that is true, i did it. when you go in the store, ask the associate to call you on the phone from the businesss line and let him/her listen to your speakerphone that way there is no doubt. when i did that he just opened up a new one, switched sims and i was good. speaker volume not fixed, but much better.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
i can tell you first hand that that is true, i did it. when you go in the store, ask the associate to call you on the phone from the businesss line and let him/her listen to your speakerphone that way there is no doubt. when i did that he just opened up a new one, switched sims and i was good. speaker volume not fixed, but much better.
You SEE!? ;)

mm1250

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Yep speakerphone is bad, I had got mine replaced hoping it was just the phone but the new one is the same as the first. Bottom line iPhones speakerphone sucks BIG TIME...

Such a crackerjack job at the QA dept.