Low volume and repeated text.

arlan

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
After this recent update (2.1) i realized that my phone's volume (the voice from the other line) it gotten much weaker. I use to be able to hear clearly when the volume is just on medium, but now i have to set it on high.

also that i get repeated texts, it doesn't show as a repeat text, but it's more like an alert. i get alerted again.

i get a text, then 10 min later, i get the same alert.

any way i can fix this?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
After this recent update (2.1) i realized that my phone's volume (the voice from the other line) it gotten much weaker. I use to be able to hear clearly when the volume is just on medium, but now i have to set it on high.

also that i get repeated texts, it doesn't show as a repeat text, but it's more like an alert. i get alerted again.

i get a text, then 10 min later, i get the same alert.

any way i can fix this?
The repeated alerts are part of the 2.1 update. No way to control this at this time. You will actually get 2 alerts on a txt unless you open it.
The volume issue may call for a restore. Try a hard reset first and see what others have to say.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
The volume issue for you is confounding to me. My volume has gotten tons better with the 2.1 update. You might have a hardware problem. Suggest a restore and if that doesn't fix it, take it to an Apple Store.