Low volume solution...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 3, 2007
I just spoke with Apple tech support. The plastic screen film protector that came with the iPhone is causing the volume to be super low, even though I pumped it up to maximum. Using a razor blade, I cut away the tiny speaker hole (on the iPhone) without having to remove the entire plastic screen protector. Now the volume is great.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I just spoke with Apple tech support. The plastic screen film protector that came with the iPhone is causing the volume to be super low, even though I pumped it up to maximum. Using a razor blade, I cut away the tiny speaker hole (on the iPhone) without having to remove the entire plastic screen protector. Now the volume is great.

HAHAHAHAHA

Darwin Award winner! :D

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
dumb.. just dumb.

timaging

Jun 5, 2007
yeah, I did that too, but I still feel that the volume is too low in some instances. The iPod part of the phone is super loud, but the phone calls are often very soft.

Dave

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
I don't say this facetiously but were you supposed to keep that plastic flim on the screen? I took it off as soon as I got the phone.

timaging

Jun 5, 2007
I don't say this facetiously but were you supposed to keep that plastic flim on the screen? I took it off as soon as I got the phone.
personally, I left just the part that goes over the main screen on there until I get some shields. Apple was sold out on those when I went to get my phone.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
personally, I left just the part that goes over the main screen on there until I get some shields. Apple was sold out on those when I went to get my phone.
I'll try this when I get home, if it'll go back on. I just figured it wouldn't work with something covering the screen.

timaging

Jun 5, 2007
I'll try this when I get home, if it'll go back on. I just figured it wouldn't work with something covering the screen.
well, I also got the Speck toughskin case for it, so that plastic tucks under there nicely. I have on corner that sometimes comes off a bit on that plastic, but I can just rub down on it and it seems to stick right back on.

Dave

timaging

Jun 5, 2007
so the iPhone comes with a stock screen protector? musta missed that...
well, it has that plastic on it, like they put on everything. My Mac Pro had these giant sheets of it when I got that too.

although, if yours didn't have any plastic on it at all, I would question that situation.

dt

SuperDave

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
So THAT'S what I can do with my old Razr phone...

JK! Sorry I know it's lame but I had too...Geez I'm bored.