Low volume when playing videos

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by silvermoon, Jun 3, 2015.

1. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I don't know if anyone else is running into this, but any time I'm watching YouTube videos or even playing music through the speakers, I feel as though the sound could be much higher. I've tried resetting the PRAM to see if that helps. It doesn't. It may have been my hearing, but when I plugged in my charger then I did notice an increase in volume. I'm wondering if one of my speakers is damaged. I tested the sound with multiple videos, at least four hours worth. I'm running out of ideas and sound is important to me.

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Be sure the volume is turned all the way up while you're on the video. It's a separate volume from talk. Make sure both are up all the way. Also, try going to Settings >General >Accessibility >scroll down to Hearing Aids> toggle on Hearing Aid Mode. That may sound odd, but it has worked for our phones. I discovered it when my Wife got her 5c last year. The volume was very low on her phone. She has excellent hearing. It was about half the volume of my 5. I found the suggestion online, and it worked big time on her phone. I tried it on my 5, and it did increase the volume a bit. But not as much as on her 5c.

3. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

It's not volume for my iPhone. I'm talking about the MBP. How can i increase the volume?

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Sorry, you didn't say and I don't scroll up to see.

5. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I posted in the MacBook Pro forum so thought that would be obvious.

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I don't always scroll up to see what section it's in.

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

It's not as apparent on TapaTalk as how you see it.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433440452.255830.jpg

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

He also said he reset the PRAM, which is a giveaway that it's his Mac. I would still scroll before answering if I wasn't sure, even though all the Apple logos in your posts and quotes of your posts that waste space in the thread would make it take longer. :D

Actually, on mobile Safari, you can just press the status bar once and it will take you to the top of the page where you can see the subforum. If you can't see that on TapaTalk or if it's too difficult to find, you might want to get on the mobile template temporarily so you can check the subforum and then get back on TapaTalk to reply. That will help mimimize confusion.

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

As a mod, I'd encourage everyone to check the name of the subforum you're in before replying. I have to do this myself.