LTE or other where you live?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by imutter, Sep 14, 2012.

1. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Now since we are approching the age of LTE iPhone the question is of course
    How choose what carrier and do you have LTE at your home City and sourrounding areas?

I choose to stay with AT&T was looking at Sprint
    Both carrier offer LTE at my house
    Verizon does not at my house but all over the sounding areas and in the Cities
    Sprint has LTE in Baltimore and sourounding area (some spots still missing)
    but not in DC
    AT&T is everywhere a big blob around Baltimore DC and sourrounding areas
    AT&T Hotspots are everywhere in Dc

So do you have LTE what carrier did you choose and what is covered
    (no LTE ? answer with the service type provided to yu)

2. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

No LTE by AT&T...yet. Their map says they plan on LTE in Detroit by the end of the year. To keep my unlimited data, that's ok. HSPA+ has had good speeds here...almost as good as my home connection. 9 down and 3 up. Home is 12 down and 1.5 up. Sprint has NO LTE coverage here and Verizon is all over here with LTE.

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

No LTE on Long Island. I need to take a trip to NYC if I want LTE speeds.

4. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Nothing here either, Philly is probably the closest for me.

5. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

We've got a look at up to date coverage maps in our iPhone 5 plans breakdown, along with links to various carriers and data calculators.

#6 chris, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  7. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Oh tell ya what. You people who are lucky enough to have AT&T LTE are gonna love it.

I just arrived in San Francisco for a few days and fired up my wife's iPad 3. Hooked right up to LTE.

Bullet fast. Dayum.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

8. Mthomas184

Mthomas184 Member
    Bronze

No LTE in Pittsburgh either...but AT&T says by the end of the year we should have it

9. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

We have LTE in the Metro Phoenix area (AT&T Verizon and Sprint). I'm on AT&T. So I can't really speak for VRZ or Sprint. But as for the east valley area. Tempe Scottsdale and part of Mesa have LTE. The rest of the area has 4G. A little weird where I work in Mesa. At my office I get LTE on my iPad. But if I head east or South just one mile it changes to 4G. I'm sure AT&T will extend LTE coverage later on.

10. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

Hmmm....I'm in a suburb of Detroit about 40 miles north. It will be interesting to see how far the LTE coverage goes. It would be kinda stupid not to expand the coverage across the entire Detroit Metro Area. I hope my assumptions are right!

11. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

i talked to a att technical wireless guy last week on the phone he said i have a lte antenna thats new 1 mile from my house he said expect better signal and speeds i was getting on 3g on the 4s cause a 3g antenna was 3 miles away and i was getting 3-5 mbps down.

12. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I lived in Midland MI and my service on AT&T stank to be honest.
    I thought all MIganders like Verizon specially up north ? Coverage up there overall is bad.
    I guess Detroit is a hole other story

13. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

:) I live in the Auburn Hills area and I've never had a problem with AT&T coverage. Yes, AT&T sucks up north...I have to be relegated to the EDGE network...IF it works at all. I have voice and text, but hardly any data.

However, I don't go "up north" that often...I stay in the inhabited areas of southeastern Michigan. :) It's a pretty good mix of Verizon/AT&T around here.

14. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I live in Northern New Jersey and I have good LTE service I think. I just deselected WiFi and LTE popped up on my iPad. I have four bars out of five upstairs in my house. I usually use WiFi in the house and my 3Gig a month AT&T plan when I'm at work.

The keynote said LTE may work faster than many WiFi services. I can't wait to see it. Is the IOS6 software going to enhance LTE in our iPhone 5's and New iPad (3)'s?

15. alamarco

alamarco Member
    Bronze

Got no LTE where I live. The carrier stated they have plans to add it by the end of the year so I should be getting LTE soon. They will also be expanding further in 2013 so they are expanding nicely.

Also, that HD Voice isn't supported on the carrier, but the said they also plan on adding that. The downside is no time line was given for HD Voice.

16. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

you are talking Sprint ? HD voice will not work with Sprint

17. islam gamiel

islam gamiel New Member

i don't have LTE in my country yet :(

18. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

No LTE here in Albuquerque :(

Did just read it should be here by the end of the year

19. alamarco

alamarco Member
    Bronze

No, sorry, I'm Canadian. I was referring to Rogers. Not sure why I wasn't more specific in my first post, I apologize for not being clear.

Currently in Canada only Bell and Telus support HD Voice, but Rogers is planning to add it and be last of the big 3 in Canada to join the HD Voice party.

20. Bonniea

Bonniea New Member

I have verizon on my 4S and there is only 3G in the new house I move into next month. I looked on AT&T coverage map and they don't have 4G there either. That makes me feel a little better about not being able to get the new iPhone 5 right now.