MAC 1.1.3 Jailbreak [ZiPhone GUI] | EASY!

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
AriX, our 13-year-old friend, has created a great, easy GUI for the latest ZiPhone Jailbreak: iJailbreak

I was on 1.0.1, (I was that stubborn to update) and when I saw this released, I couldn't help myself. I backed up my 1.0.1 phone, restored to the new 1.1.3, saw the wiggly screen intro, opened iJailbreak, hit Jailbreak, and I was done! I didn't have to hold any buttons on my phone, DFU, nothing. It was fantastic.

That Installer app is now calling my name to reinstall all my favorite apps. I'll let you all know how it goes from there. Hoping iRadio will work!

----
Update: This will break YouTube. ("Cannot connect to YouTube.") Perhaps a fix will come soon.
Also: iRadio does NOT work... Not sure why it works for some others on 1.1.3.
Customize: It didn't work after I installed. I read somewhere that you must uninstall it, then reinstall it immediately. Now it opens fine!

tymphillips

Bronze
Aug 31, 2007
I just did this and it works Great, but YouTube isn't working. HELP!

Listerman

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
this with iTunes 7.6 or what? and di you restore prior to jailbreak?

tymphillips

Bronze
Aug 31, 2007
I have 7.6 and no I didn't restore. I just launched the app and followed the directions. Youtube isn't working though.

Listerman

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
try restoring then jailbreaking

Listerman

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
worked perfect for me.

restored phone
when activated before setting new or restoring to backup i used ijailbreak

took about a minute and it was complete.

Do i need to set the autolock to never?

Listerman

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
actually my youtube is down and i cant install BSD Subsystems or anything. Getting download errors

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Yes, YouTube does not seem to work. I can live with that for a little bit. I'm sure a fix will come soon. BUT... my blessed iRadio does NOT work. :(

I was able to install anything with NO problems at all. I did get a running low on space notification... I just ignored it.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
actually my youtube is down and i cant install BSD Subsystems or anything. Getting download errors
i was able to install BSD but youtube isn't working....and im kinda pissed i don't know why its not working about to restore i like youtube a lot....i use it daily but this is a great step in the advancement of jailbreaking...keep up the good work 13 year old guy i don't know!

dodgeboy23

Bronze
Feb 13, 2008
Chicago
Help

HELP ME GUYS! i was on 1.1.1 and i tried this update. Well i went to restore and when it was restoring i got an error message from iTunes 1603, WHAT DO I DO? its on the Apple logo right now.

dodgeboy23

Bronze
Feb 13, 2008
Chicago
I keep trying to restore it but it keeps giving me that iTunes error. Im currently trying to restore it on a pc with iTunes so im keeping my fingers crossed.

tymphillips

Bronze
Aug 31, 2007
Put your phone in DFU and restore. This happened to me before. Try that and see what happens!

dodgeboy23

Bronze
Feb 13, 2008
Chicago
so i tried restoring it on a pc and it worked (thank goodness). Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Listerman

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
I had issues when I used iJailbreak last night. So I fully restored back to 1.1.3 again and used the PC version and my iPhone has never worked better.

If you have a PC handy.... restore on your Mac to 1.1.3
Once the phone activates and requests that you setup a new phone or restore from backup, unplug it from the Mac switch it to the PC and run jailbreak.cmd
After that ran, I switched to my Mac and restored.

PERFECTO

Jan 1, 2008
! Summerboard works, Installer Works..duh, WEBCLIPS DOES NOT WORK, do not upgrade till confirmation

tymphillips

Bronze
Aug 31, 2007
Is there a way to get YouTube working after using this method?