Mac quickpwn then white screen, wont jailbreak. need help

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
upgraded to firmware 2.2.1. and ran quickpwn 2.2.5. after ive completed holding the buttons the computer says its sending the info to the phone. however at this point the phone goes to a completely white screen. however quickpwn finishes sending the info then confirms its done. the screen remains white until you remove it from the usb cord. once it reboots, there is no jailbreak. ive worked at this for days and cant figure out what im doing wrong or what step im skipping. could it be the computer? or something with iTunes?

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
if you are using a mac with OS X 10.5.6 you will need to use a USB hub (easier method of the 2), then try it over. 10.5.6 does something strange with DFU mode. Using a usb hub gets around it.
Trust me, i used it on my mac, it works.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
if you are using a mac with OS X 10.5.6 you will need to use a USB hub (easier method of the 2), then try it over. 10.5.6 does something strange with DFU mode. Using a usb hub gets around it.
Trust me, i used it on my mac, it works.
Will any USB hub work? I've got an old one that's not high speed and was probably less than $10 a few years ago. I ended up JB'ing on my PC since I couldn't get the phone into DFU mode on my Mac.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
Will any USB hub work? I've got an old one that's not high speed and was probably less than $10 a few years ago. I ended up JB'ing on my PC since I couldn't get the phone into DFU mode on my Mac.
it should, i have some cheap powered usb hub as well, it worked fine. But it is USB 2.0 so using USB 1.0 might take a while.

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
I had the same issue, I even tried several Macs and still got the white screen! I ended up having to use a PC. What do people mean by powered hub? By the way the Macs I was attempting to JB on were running 10.4.11.