Mac users beware of virus!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
as always, with a little bit of common sense, and lack of illegal activities, you should be fine.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
as always, with a little bit of common sense, and lack of illegal activities, you should be fine.
But the virus exists, regardless of said activities... that's the issue.

A

angeela

ok Thanks !

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
No, no, no.... people, this is not a virus. Please read the article before you start flipping out. It's called a trojan horse, and resides within the /var folder of your system, meaning it's easily removable. Download this free utility from SecureMac and scan your Mac with it if you believe it's possible your machine may be infected - the scan takes about 10 seconds, and if you have the trojan, the utility will remove it entirely for you.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
No, no, no.... people, this is not a virus. Please read the article before you start flipping out. It's called a trojan horse, and resides within the /var folder of your system, meaning it's easily removable. Download this free utility from SecureMac and scan your Mac with it if you believe it's possible your machine may be infected - the scan takes about 10 seconds, and if you have the trojan, the utility will remove it entirely for you.
but its still malware, and thats not good ;)

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Didn't I just bring the possibility of such "things" affecting Mac's a month ago? Everyone (well almost everyone) said it couldn't happen to a Mac. I say yes it can protect yourself! Mark

Here is a free solution to protect yourselves (click here or the below photo to access iAntivirus) iAntivirus

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
What's up with people and Mac nowadays? Everyone thinks Mac is like something godly or something. Wow, I'm proud to be a Mac user, so I can see those little hoes crying about it acting like they don't care haha.