Mac users help me please

djdenny13

May 1, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
i have a black iPhone 3g ,16 gb , firmware 2.2.1 , (5H11) baseband 02.30.03 , unlocked with a crazy sim.... works perfect , but there is a small problem ..... i have many applications installed .... ( officially from Apple store and even 3rd party applications) the fact is that now the iPhone is loading to slow and in the sb settings i see

HHD Free : 60 mb on / 7988 mb on / var
Available memory : 11 mb

what do i want?
i've been reading on some forums that iPhones have the memory ram ( if i can call it like this) only 128 or 200(and something) ram. on other forum i read that a guy created a custom firmware using pwnage tool.

what was different?
as he described his firmware...he never had problems with his phone memory because he allowed like 2 gbs memory ram for iPhone.

is any chances that i can get this? or something that i can do to modify my memory ram? the problem is that i use windows vista... so i cant use pwnage tools because is available only on mac.

please help me...thanks in advance :(:(:rolleyes:

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
i can probably make a custom firmware for you for 2.2.1 and make the root partition size as large as you want. the only problem is i have no way of getting it to you. if you can provide me with a server or something to upload it to, then you can download it. mediafire will not allow me to upload a file over 100mb unless i am a pro user.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
You can't add RAM without a hardware change. If you're low on RAM then its probably something running in the background.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
then its probably something running in the background.
When you quit an app hold down the home button. If you tap the home button it only minimizes the app, and it will run in the background.

Hold down the home button to completely quit the app.

djdenny13

May 1, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
there are no applications working in background, i checked that using some applications and the singles active applications where ''phone'' and ''email'' il try to install a custom firmware , thanks PepeRB29 ill try to find something as fast as i can....

djdenny13

May 1, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
i can probably make a custom firmware for you for 2.2.1 and make the root partition size as large as you want. the only problem is i have no way of getting it to you. if you can provide me with a server or something to upload it to, then you can download it. mediafire will not allow me to upload a file over 100mb unless i am a pro user.

i found this one called filewind ill send u the link through a private message because i dint knw if im allowed to post it here ..:)

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
i'm really drunk right now, got your message. will check back in tomorrow

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
djdenny, i have been attempting to make a firmare for you however i don't believe i am going to be able to for two reasons.

1. i am on firmware 2.2 and you need 2.2.1
2. even if i make a custom 2.2.1 firmware that will not upgrade my baseband and you use it, i think it would cause you some problems as your baseband is already upgraded.

if anyone else is running 2.2.1 and can make a custom firmware for it with an increased root partition size, help this guy out.

djdenny13

May 1, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
djdenny, i have been attempting to make a firmare for you however i don't believe i am going to be able to for two reasons.

1. i am on firmware 2.2 and you need 2.2.1
2. even if i make a custom 2.2.1 firmware that will not upgrade my baseband and you use it, i think it would cause you some problems as your baseband is already upgraded.

if anyone else is running 2.2.1 and can make a custom firmware for it with an increased root partition size, help this guy out.

ah crap :(:(:(:(....thanks a lot anyway a really appreciate this