Mac world exop show?

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
this was the first day of the expo is it worth going tomorrow? is there new stuff everyday or is it the same thing all 3 days... thanks

info much appreciated...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I've never been to Macworld, but assume it is like most of these sort of events. Exhibitors will be there for the whole duration, so what's there today should be there every day. You may have already done this, but worth having a browse through who the exhibitors are and weigh up how interesting they are to you ...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Cool. I think a lot of these are more like trade shows - OK to walk around for a bit, but not really super-interesting unless you're a journalist or 'in the businesss' as a software dev, or Mac distributor, or a future Apple employee like The Artist Formerly Known As Macman Pro, or similar.
Not sure if Macworld is different / better than that ...

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Actually, the next few days are really fun. There's TONS of manufacturer/developer seminars, training stuff, etc. ...plus all the things in the exhibitor hall.

And if you happen by the right bar in the South of Market area, you can party with the best of Mac Geeks. And, I speak from experience when I say they party way harder than Windows folks ;)

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
And if you happen by the right bar in the South of Market area, you can party with the best of Mac Geeks. And, I speak from experience when I say they party way harder than Windows folks ;)

That can't be right. I've seen the Mac vs. PC ads - the Mac dude looks like a Lemonade drinker to me - PC looks like he could pound some pints :laugh2:

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
That can't be right. I've seen the Mac vs. PC ads - the Mac dude looks like a Lemonade drinker to me - PC looks like he could pound some pints :laugh2:
LOL! :laugh2:

I think CNet recently conducted an in-depth study which proved that PC people do indeed drink more alcohol.....in order to numb the Vista experience :p

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I've got a question, and before I ask fyi, this is really the first expo I've paid attention to so I have no idea how these shows work.

Are there any other announcements going to be made in the coming days at mac world or is all that taken care of on the very first day.

What I take from reading the above is that the first day is dedicated to announcements and speeches and the rest of the show in the coming days are for, well, show!

Just curious in knowing have there been any late announcements made in previous expos and could we see more iPhone specific material uncovered in the coming days or today for that matter?

Thanks.