MacBook Air Sleeves and Cases

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Just curious what everyone is using to protect their MacBook Air, while retaining the awesome thin-ness of the Air.

I just opted for the SFBags Sleeve with strap and piggyback. I have a pretty nice backpack that I was using with my Powerbook, but the thing is massive. I was thinking why did I invest in this super slim laptop and then carry it in this behemoth.

I also have an old Crumpler, but that's also a bit overkill. It was time for me to take inventory and cut down on bag size. I figure the backpack will suit me when I need to travel with the DSLR.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Wow, these guys have already sent me a confirmation email with USPS Tracking number and the bag is on it's way. That's awesome service.

+1 for SFBags!

-Chris

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Nice sleeve, but I need to transport my external DVD drive, power supply, Airport express, USB hub, TV tuner, iPhone, cleaner and a few small cables. This MacBook 15 bag has been perfect for me, light as a feather and fitting all my needs:

Last edited by a moderator:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i love incase bags.

but why do you need to haul around an Airport? And have you thought about using a slingbox instead of the TV tuner? you might be able to lighten that load...

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
i love incase bags.

but why do you need to haul around an Airport? And have you thought about using a slingbox instead of the TV tuner? you might be able to lighten that load...
No, I use the Pinnacle TV tuner, which is very sleek and works anywhere with airwaves. I need the Airport express because my offices are backwards enough to be all wired. Airport allows me in-office mobility, as well as wifi for the iPhone.
Neither of them are much of a load.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'm hoping the "piggyback" portion of the case will suffice. Typically, I'll carry my iPhone...a BlackBerry...digital camera...power cables. If I need more space, I'll break out my Crumpler. If I need even more space, it's backpack time.

I too am surprised you don't have Slingbox. That might be the only "tech gadget" that's not part of your arsenal.;)

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I'm hoping the "piggyback" portion of the case will suffice. Typically, I'll carry my iPhone...a BlackBerry...digital camera...power cables. If I need more space, I'll break out my Crumpler. If I need even more space, it's backpack time.

I too am surprised you don't have Slingbox. That might be the only "tech gadget" that's not part of your arsenal.;)
Did you guys really have to mention the slingbox? Now, I'm going to think about it, read about, dream about it, and some dark and lonely afternoon, instead of having a couple of nice drinks to handle the stress, I 'll find myself buying a slingbox...

One more toy:cool:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You HAVE to get a Slingbox, especially if a Slingplayer app is released for the iPhone. It's amazing.

I just use an Incase padded case. I generally carry a backpack when I travel, no matter what, so I just slip the Air into the case and put that right into the backpack.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I would like a case that looked like the folders from the commercials, except they would have padding on the inside and stuff.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
^^ I was so set on getting one of those but then when I went to order it they were sold out everywhere. I also read some less than stellar reviews.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
^^ I was so set on getting one of those but then when I went to order it they were sold out everywhere. I also read some less than stellar reviews.
I give it a stellar review.:cool:

Even on-call, it comes with me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Oh I wasn't talking about the MBA. I LOVE my MBA, I was talking about the ManilaMac website that Hippo posted.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Oh I wasn't talking about the MBA. I LOVE my MBA, I was talking about the ManilaMac website that Hippo posted.
Oh, that! Wouldn't be my choice anyway. If I want something that looks like an envelope, I might as well use a 50c one.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, it does look kinda janky.