MacBook Air warranty listed wrong.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by FFAP1234, Dec 1, 2015.

1. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

My friend bought a seal MacBook Air from Craigslist last month.

The person he bought it from told him got it about a month before. He was an army guy who told him he had credit in a store on line. He needed cash and that was the only way for him to get same money to fix his broken car. He did have the receipt with him.

Today my friend and I went to the apple page, for curiosity we put in the serial # in the service and support search. It come up that it only has warranty until February of 2016.

My understanding was that the warranty runs from the day you start using it which is the day that you register with Apple.

Does he have any right to ask apple to change the warranty day? Does anybody know how this work? I will appreciate the feedback. Thank you all.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Your friend's MacBook Air is covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty for twelve months from the date of original retail purchase. The seller must have purchased the device in February 2015. Apple will not change this date.

The AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook Air extends hardware repair service and technical support coverage to three years from the MacBook Air’s original date of purchase. He can purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan while his MacBook Air is covered under Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

Wow. I'm disappointed, I did see the the Mac sealed and I really thought he was going to have the warranty for a year from the time he opened it. I'm sure you know what you are telling me but I don't think it is fair considering that it was never opened it before until he did it. Thank you Europa, he went home already, tomorrow I will give him the bad news : (. I do appreciate your quick response.