MacBook Audio out problems

bvlaar

Feb 17, 2008
Hey Guys,
I am on my new macbook right now. I have had it for two months and have just used the internal speakers. Today I tried using my iPhone headphones and no sound comes out?
I've looked on google, there has been some threads on other forums but they don't seem to get answered.
So basically when I plug in my headphones the sound stops coming out of the internal speakers. I went to audio settings and it doens't notice that the headphones are there?
Does anyone else know of this issue?
Thanks!

Bvlaar

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
bvlaar, maybe I might be misunderstanding your problem; but isn't the sound supposed to stop coming from the internal speaker once you plug in a headset and resume when you unplug it?

bvlaar

Feb 17, 2008
yeah the sound stops coming out of the internal speakers once my headphones are plugged in. But no sound comes out of the headphones?
Thanks

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
yeah the sound stops coming out of the internal speakers once my headphones are plugged in. But no sound comes out of the headphones?
Thanks
Gotcha. I don't recall this happening to me; but at the same time, I have to add that I didn't use the white iPhone headphones that come with the iPhone. I used my Vibe Duos (made for the iPhone) and the sound came out of the headset. When I unplugged them, sound reverted back to my MB's internal speakers.

Have you tried this using a different headset.

Sorry I cant be of more help.