MacBook battery.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by hmfc-1874, Mar 15, 2013.

1. hmfc-1874

hmfc-1874 Contributor
    Silver

My MacBook Pro is new (bought about 3-4 months ago)
    And touchwood the battery keeps working as well as it does, but like say a few years I see it starts to turn poor, can I take it to Apple shop and get battery replaced and how much do they roughly cost ?
    Cheers

Sent using iCafe app

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

http://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html

"Every Mac and Apple display comes with a one-year limited warranty and up to 90 days ofcomplimentary telephone technical support. Extend your coverage to three years from your hardware product’s original purchase date with the AppleCare Protection Plan. You get direct, one-stop access to Apple’s award-winning telephone technical support for questions about Apple hardware, OS X, and Apple applications such as iLife and iWork. And you get global repair coverage for your Mac and Apple display through convenient service options."

Did you get an extended warranty or just the standard one year warranty?

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I may possibly be in this situation now. My laptop was fully charged this morning. I rebooted it and it turned off. I turned it back on and 45 minutes later it turned off and now it's completely dead. My Apple guy went through several technical steps to get the MacBook Pro back on. They didn't work. Also the charger is flickering orange now. He said if The Computer Store quotes me more than $300 then to stick with Apple. Maybe it's only an issue with the charger. I'm hoping to find someone tonight with an Apple laptop charger that I can try to use.

Late update, but it was only the battery needing to be reset.

Sent using iCafe app

#3 MoneyMaker79, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013