MacBook Pro 13 or 15

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Workoutninja, May 26, 2014.

1. Workoutninja

Workoutninja Member
    Bronze

I am considering a new computer since my current one is almost 7 years old. Recently I have been looking at upgrading to an Apple laptop that will last me at least 5 years (never had an Apple computer). I don't do any gaming anymore but might dabble with photo editing. Also would use for work purposes. What would you recommend between the 13 or 15? Anyone else have this dilemma? I think my only concern is the price of the 15.

Thanks.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I have had the 13-inch MacBook Pro. Part of the reason was the price. The other part was that I don't have a reason for a bigger screen. The 13-inch screen is perfect.

3. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I use a 13" MBP with 4gb RAM and 256 drive and it has been great for photo editing and watching movies. If price is a concern, I would look at getting the 13" over the 15".

4. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I wanted the Air but also retina display so I got the 13" pro because it more portable

5. Ohmster

Ohmster Member
    Silver

I have the 15", my son has the 13". We both primarily use external monitors. For that reason, I think his is the better choice for our use case.