MacBook Pro trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sjoner, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Sjoner

Sjoner New Member

I bought a MacBook Pro last month and I've been fairly happy with it overall. Truth is I have really enjoyed the unit. One small ongoing issue has been that the trackpad loses contact from time to time, veers off in one direction, or reacts as though it's in two finger mode. This reached a head, and I had to take it in ti the Apple Store. I have the warranty, so no real concern. I'm looking forward to having my MacBook back tomorrow.

Why am I sharing this? Because even though I have a minor problem with my MacBook, I'm still EXTREMELY happy with the product, something I know I wouldn't have said about my old Dell.

2. iksn

iksn Member
    Silver

My MacBook Pro is simply the best computer I've ever had.

3. offroadhunter

offroadhunter Member
    Silver

Have the same Mac... I'm assuming you've tried to toy with the settings and that's not the issue... I'd most def bring it in and have it taken care of.. Love my MBP.

4. Sjoner

Sjoner New Member

Yes, the Apple Store recognized it as an issue. Replaced in about 4 hours and working great now!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

5. aknightstale41

Gold

Sjoner
    My issue with the track pad is on occasion it won't recognize my three finger drag...and I played around in settings trying different things, but still its hit or miss with that...im thinking to let Apple replace the track pad as you did.

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

There was an article about that on MacRumors. Something’s up, that’s for sure.

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/11/18/macbook-pro-three-finger-drag-trackpad-issues/

Mind you, that person you replied to probably didn’t have the same issue you did. Their post is from 2011, and yours is the brand-new MBP.

7. aknightstale41

Gold

Thank you Rafagon...that was an enlightening article, now I know its a software bug that Apple needs to address...hopefully soon, as the 3 finger drag is my fav gesture.