MacBook Pro won't turn on

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bballrob, Nov 14, 2012.

1. bballrob

bballrob Evangelist

I've got a 13.1 inch MBP that is about 8 months old that wont turn on. I thought maybe it was a power cord issue, but I got a new power cord for it and that didn't do the trick. The closest apple store is 150 miles away.

Anyone have any ideas as to what may be going on with my system?? Any particular key sequences that may reset it?? Really odd!!

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app
  2. Europa

Europa Moderator

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. bballrob

bballrob Evangelist

Didn't work. I may have to make the drive this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app
  5. Europa

Europa Moderator

6. bballrob

bballrob Evangelist

Thanks. I will try those links later.

Europa, I would also like to thank you for always doing your best to be helpful when people have questions on here. You and I don't always see eye to eye on things, but you don't seem to hold a grudge. I APPRECIATE THAT!!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Europa

Europa Moderator

You're welcome and good luck with it. And thanks for the kind words. That was very nice of you. :)
  8. Lon

Lon Evangelist

Might be a nasty drive through the pass this weekend!! Have you called the store? I have found them to be pretty helpful on the phone. (257-1900)
  9. iLeopard

iLeopard New Member

You should be covered for repairs by default. :)

I love manufacture's warrantees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. bballrob

bballrob Evangelist

UPDATE: Well, none of the solutions posted here or on the apple site worked. So I sat this thing(yes, I'm typing on it again ;) ) on the nightstand for a few days until I had time to call Apple support. That was yesterday afternoon. As I plugged everything in while dialing them up, the light on the power cord came on when I attached it. The keyboard lit up when I opened the lid. And that's about as far as I was when the tech support dude came on the line. Still didn't have a display. He had me hold down power for 5 seconds, and it all powered off. Powered back up with no problems. Don't know what the hell happened. But all is well now.