MacBook Question

bronxaccents

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
New York City
i was just wondering, how do you keep a application on the dock? every time i close the program the icon disappears from the dock. an also how do u shut down the macbook? i only close it and i think it goes into hibernation mode, is that okay? or does it need to be shut own to cool off?

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
i was just wondering, how do you keep a application on the dock? every time i close the program the icon disappears from the dock. an also how do u shut down the macbook? i only close it and i think it goes into hibernation mode, is that okay? or does it need to be shut own to cool off?
To keep the application on the dock after you open it, control click the icon on the dock and select keep on dock.

I shut down my iMac by clicking on the Apple in the upper left of the screen. From there, you can put the Mac to sleep, log out, log out and turn off, or just turn off.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal

Like he ^ said. And yes, closing it is OK.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Like he ^ he said. And yes, closing it is OK.
Always remember, it's a Mac....Closing the window is not quitting the application. No icon ever disappear for good. Drop the app in the dock, and it will stay there forever.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Shouldn't this be in the Macbook forum, which is, I believe, right HERE?
Does anybody really care? somebody asked a question, we answered, maybe not in the proper category much loved by accountants.

But we answered. We might have helped. What's wrong with that?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Does anybody really care? somebody asked a question, we answered, maybe not in the proper category much loved by accountants.

I was just making an observation. If you're in a bitchy mood, take it out on someone else.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I was just making an observation. If you're in a bitchy mood, take it out on someone else.[/QUOTE
No, the fact that I am female doesn't automatically put me in a bitchy mood. It smells of misogyny. From you. You guys are way too sensitive. I was just making a comment that only my accountant would feel uptight about not being in the right section, according to whatever bible accountants use.

Relax! Please don't call women bitchy because they don't agree with you.

Or should I mention all men that don't agree with me are dirty misogynist pigs not worthy of any attention?

At this rate, we'll still try to destroy each other in a few thousand years.

Fortunately, I'll be dead.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I was just making an observation. If you're in a bitchy mood, take it out on someone else.[/QUOTE
No, the fact that I am female doesn't automatically put me in a bitchy mood. It smells of misogyny. From you. You guys are way too sensitive. I was just making a comment that only my accountant would feel uptight about not being in the right section, according to whatever bible accountants use.

Relax! Please don't call women bitchy because they don't agree with you.

Or should I mention all men that don't agree with me are dirty misogynist pigs not worthy of any attention?

At this rate, we'll still try to destroy each other in a few thousand years.

Fortunately, I'll be dead.
I wasn't saying bitchy cause you're a woman. It was an accurate description of how I thought you were acting. And I'm sensitive? Did you read your reply? You jumped my ass because of a simple observation I was making--and a valid one at that. Lemme see, I have a question about a macbook, and there are many different forums here, so shall I try the macbook forum, or the iPhone forum? C'mon, geordisjd, gimme a break!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Shouldn't this be in the Macbook forum, which is, I believe, right HERE?
Yes and that's where it will probably end up once John, Kabeyun, or Chris spots it. Nothing wrong with trying to help the guy out, but it should probably be moved to the Mac forum because someone there might find the topic helpful.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

I have to admit that I care. This forum gets inundated with posts about third party applications and modifications. This is just one of many that eventually will get moved to the correct location.

I don't care whether or not someone answers the post like you did, because there's nothing wrong with being helpful and polite, but the thread would do more good if it were in its proper forum.