MacBook Refresh question.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Well I have seen many rumors about the casing changing from plastic to aluminum, but would that mean there will only be one color MB? I think a black aluminum case would be cool. If they just had the one color, which would probably be silver, it would be too boring. All the Apple laptops would look to similar. One of the things that I like best about their variety of laptops is how they look very different.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Well I have seen many rumors about the casing changing from plastic to aluminum, but would that mean there will only be one color MB? I think a black aluminum case would be cool. If they just had the one color, which would probably be silver, it would be too boring. All the Apple laptops would look to similar. One of the things that I like best about their variety of laptops is how they look very different.
If the aluminum rumor is indeed true, which all signs point to yes, then there would deff. only be one color. It's hard for me to say whether or not I like it before I've seen it. We'll (hopefully) see I guess.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Based on the "leaked" images it looks very nice, but sometime between last christmas and now, I saw a picture of black aluminum case that was supposed to be the next macbook, but it was just a rumor.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I do not care what the color is. I want one. I am addicted to new Apple products.

I think an aluminum MacBook would be cool.

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
Aluminum would indeed make a lot of people convert to Mac. besides the OS that would probably be the persuasion they are looking for.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Aluminum can be colored too... I have an aluminum watercooler tower, called the Zalman Reserator Plus. It's black, and there's another one that comes in blue. I think a BlueBook would be nice. Match colors up to the nanos and shuffles, in my opinion...that would really bring it a nice mass-market appeal

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I know they can be colored, but I was just wondering if Apple would do it. They seem to avoid things that people want....like a lot of people would be happy if they could get a different color macbook even with the plastic casing they have now. I would love a red macbook no matter what the material is.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I don't see why they wouldn't... they color the Nano and the Shuffle