macOS Sierra

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
What's the release date? I haven't watched it yet.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
What's the release date? I haven't watched it yet.
The public beta will be available in July and it should be ready for consumers by October or November.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
For a release that involves something as huge as changing the name of the OS, the new Sierra default wallpaper is shamefully similar to El Capitan’s.

Surely there’s some California landmark that’s a little bit more different than that, if only Apple had looked hard enough.

OS X El Capitan:

Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 8.32.16 PM.png

macOS Sierra:

macOS-Sierra-Wallpaper-Macbook-Wallpaper-1024x640.jpg

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
For a release that involves something as huge as changing the name of the OS, the new Sierra default wallpaper is shamefully similar to El Capitan’s.

Surely there’s some California landmark that’s a little bit more different than that, if only Apple had looked hard enough.

OS X El Capitan:

View attachment 44235

macOS Sierra:

View attachment 44236
I don't think Apple's goal was to find a Califonia landmark/mountain range that looked strikingly different from El Capitain. They just wanted the wallpaper that's aesthetically pleasing. I don't find it the least bit shameful.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I don't think Apple's goal was to find a Califonia landmark/mountain range that looked strikingly different from El Capitain. They just wanted the wallpaper that's aesthetically pleasing. I don't find it the least bit shameful.
You gotta remember who we're dealing with here. :D

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I tried installing this last night, but my MBP got stuck on the install progress window saying "33 minutes remaining" for well over an hour before I gave up and went to sleep.

Woke up this morning and restarted my MBP and it seems to have reverted to El Capitan, but now I can't figure out how to try and install the beta again. When I go into the app store, it shows macOS Sierra Public Beta as being downloaded, but I can't figure out how to install it.

Any ideas?