MacWorld 09

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
Is it televised, or maybe some kind of video from Apple? This is my first year as an Apple fanboy, so cut me some slack guys!

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
Is it televised, or maybe some kind of video from Apple? This is my first year as an Apple fanboy, so cut me some slack guys!
It wont be live but i watched it the day after on Apple.com last year.
I would like to watch it live but im with you don't know where to.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Yeah, Apple usually releases their official video of it by late afternoon. For live coverage, we have to make do with live-blogging from several of the bigger tech sites.

You might give a look to Engadget, Gizmodo, Macrumors or TUAW - they'll all be doing live blogging - starting at 12:00 Eastern today, or shortly before.

Another new site live blogging it that's worth a look is gdgt - as it's run by Ryan Block and Peter Rojas who founded Engadget. I think Block will be doing most of the live coverage today. He always used to do it for Engadget as well, and I always found him superb because he was able to provide instant (and sage) analysis as well as play-by-play kinda thing ...

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
hopefully we'll hear some good news about the iPhone/3G. A different OS with C&P as well as mms.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
i'm just following the live blogs at present, just to see if anything interesting comes up!

lets just see what they give us, hopefully some release dates for the next FW would be nice

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I think this is one of the good things about them pulling out of Macworld (I think there are some bad things about it too) - they don't have pressure to produce amazing 'boom' moments every January on a schedule, or run the risk of all of us (me included) moaning and groaning about it if they don't.

Now they can - hopefully - focus more on their own events and only run them when they do have exciting things to announce ...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I think this is one of the good things about them pulling out of Macworld (I think there are some bad things about it too) - they don't have pressure to produce amazing 'boom' moments every January on a schedule, or run the risk of all of us (me included) moaning and groaning about it if they don't.

Now they can - hopefully - focus more on their own events and only run them when they do have exciting things to announce ...
Very true. Now we can expect something big whenever an event is scheduled.

I, for one, am happy about the DRM announcement - now I'll switch to only iTunes for music instead of iTunes and Amazon.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
This Macworld was extremely disappointing. I waited with baited breath for this?

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
yes, over the air iTunes downloading actually, a big update for me.

Subscribe to Apple Podcasts btw, if you want your own copy of Macworld.