Macworld

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
Hey guys,
Just wondering what everyone is expecting at Macworld this January. Of course, there are many rumors circulating about a device dubbed as the "iTablet" by you avid Apple fanboys including myself (you are not alone :cool:) However, what else does everyone else expect Steve Jobs will pull out of his bag of iGoodies? Possibly another, more exclusive, model of the iPhone (although it is very unlikely). There is also said to be a very large focus on the new system of Cocoa or Snow Leopard (correct me if I'm wrong I'm not too informed on this subject).
All that said, here are my predictions of what Steve is going to unveil at Macworld in January: new and improved MacBook design (possibly for the MacBook Pro design and internal things of that nature) and also a new, sexy LED display? I also expect more software such as iLife and also, and inevitably, the iTablet which will have incredible capabilities and be a portable computer (think MacBook Air but only three-five times smaller :p)
Anyways, those are my predictions. Share your thoughts on what you expect at Macworld come January and share all the information that you have acquired with all these patents and rumors of Apple working on a completely new product that they will add to their line! (and share thoughts on what you think the pricing will be and stuff like that)
Thanks,
iChristian :cool:

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Odds are nothing new...but Steve did say good things to come this year. I wouldn't care about the tablet, but the macbook rumor is very appealing to me. And I highly doubt there would be a new iPhone. It would piss off many a'people. Good post though, thanks.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Yeah their are a lot of people waiting on the news of the MacBook Pro cause they want to buy the latest model available
-I wonder if their will be anything new with the MacBooks:rolleyes:

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Wait...you guys are confusing me... this already happened! Lol...

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
alkdsfj

Wait...you guys are confusing me... this already happened! Lol...
nooooo it did not. there was no release of a new macbook or itablet that was the macworld of '08 we're talking '09 here! Lol...

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
I don't think they will go into any detail about Snow Leopard until WWDC, as they did with Leopard. Though I believe that a tablet of some sort may be revealed, along with 3.0 of iPhone f/w (I can dream, Can't I? :p), an update on the Mac Mini (this thing is ancient, and has really dried up now!), and maybe some new kind of screen, which can be integrated with a laptop (macbook, macbook pro etc.) like the patents filed last year (where the macbook slides inside the screen and there was an iPod Dock included).

But, anyway, this is months ago lol, why are we discussing this now?

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
A new iPhone is suicide.
Why build all this hype for a new iPhone, release it with so many bugs (and have so many people buy it/in the process of buying it), only to release a new one so soon?
I hope Apple doesn't get into a habit of making new iPhones every year.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Ohhhhh! I was thinking about...actually, I don't know what I was thinking about. Also, I didn't know there was one coming up...

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
i have school coming up and really want the new macbook pro if they come out with it. but once they come out with it, the price of my macbook pro will go down and i donno what to do. since there's speculation they'll announce it in september or so, i was wondering if i should just sell it and use an old crappy one for school while i await the release of the new macbook pro or just wait, buy it, and sell my old one/keep it if needed. any thoughts?

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Odds are nothing new...but Steve did say good things to come this year. I wouldn't care about the tablet, but the macbook rumor is very appealing to me. And I highly doubt there would be a new iPhone. It would piss off many a'people. Good post though, thanks.
Do you consider the iPhone to be a sort of "tablet"? I mean, why would they possibly make another mid-sized computer between the sizes of the iPhone and the air? Although there are many of these new "mini-notebooks" emerging from acer and hp and many others.

And to the pissing people off remark...has that ever stopped Apple before?:sick:

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Do you consider the iPhone to be a sort of "tablet"? I mean, why would they possibly make another mid-sized computer between the sizes of the iPhone and the air? Although there are many of these new "mini-notebooks" emerging from acer and hp and many others.

And to the pissing people off remark...has that ever stopped Apple before?:sick:

yes, the Eee pc's have been selling like hotcakes. And your right about tablets. I'm sure it would be sacrificing something important (much like the Air's optical drive), and to me, it is just not worth it.

Too true about the pissing off remark. But a new iPhone every year would just diminish the value and originality of the iPhone. Thats part of the reason I like the iPhone. Rather than forcing a hardware update (which causes people to buy a new phone) every year, Apple can just add new features through software. I really hope they don't start developing iPhone nano. Eww.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
^^
Now that is worth a buy!
-Did they say it would implemented in all MacBooks or just the MacBook Pro's:eek:
We aren't sure yet, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it was implemented in the higher end laptops (i.e the MBP). Thinking of the price tag gives me shivers...

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I think tablets are a novel idea but in reality they're not that useful. I have a Tablet PC that I got a few years ago and I have used the actual tablet feature under 10 times. I type faster than I write so I would just type notes in class as opposed to writing them, negating the benefit of the tablet. It would be interesting to see how awesome Apple could make one however.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
It's one of those things that has be conflicted, much like video conferencing rumored in the 3g. Sure the idea is novel, but it isn't practical. The concept of a tablet/video conferencing is kind of dead in my mind, and to try to bring back up seems like a waste of time. Apple can only do so much, you can't turn a crap feature to gold.

MarkW

Aug 2, 2008
They bring out new iPods every year, I think it's realistic to expect a new iPhone every year too.