Mad as hell

Sunbuddha

Feb 6, 2008
Obviously, I was very excited to get my iPhone last November, but yesterday I see they are offering a 16 GB phone for exactly the same cost? I feel very cheated. I already max out my storage with tunes and podcasts, but if AT&T would have told me that a new 16 GB was coming out in 3 months for the same cost I would have waited...Shame on AT&T and Apple. Any similar sentiments?

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
I'm not surprised, it's the nature of the beast. I was surprised by a lack of any announcement until after it was done, but they still have to sell the 8GB units in stock. I got my iPhone on iDay+1 and have been happy... I'm glad I got a $100 rebate, and I think I will probably go for the 16GB soon. I just bought a new MacBook Pro, so I'll wait for a few days before going through the trouble of re-syncing a new iPhone. I'm still breaking in the new laptop.

I would be upset if I bought a new iPhone two weeks ago and they wouldn't let me exchange it. That would suck. But three months is an eternity in the tech world.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
well the 32g and 60g iPhone and touch will probably be out mid year

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Obviously, I was very excited to get my iPhone last November, but yesterday I see they are offering a 16 GB phone for exactly the same cost? I feel very cheated. I already max out my storage with tunes and podcasts, but if AT&T would have told me that a new 16 GB was coming out in 3 months for the same cost I would have waited...Shame on AT&T and Apple. Any similar sentiments?
Unless you got some special deal you didn't pay the same for the 8gig as they are offering the 16gig for. The 8g has been $399 since the price cut and the price cut came well before November. The 8g is still $399 and the 16g is $499.

I don't understand how people on these sites don't understand the nature of businesss. Why should Apple say they are coming out with a new version months ahead of when it comes out, all that will do will cause sales of the older model to go down in anticipation of the newer model. It makes no businesss sense what so ever and they are after all trying to make a profit.

You haven't lost anything if you need a 16g really bad sell your 8g on ebay and by the 16.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
That unfortunately is the price you pay for technology. If you always wait for the next best thing then you'll never end up with anything at all.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
That unfortunately is the price you pay for technology. If you always wait for the next best thing then you'll never end up with anything at all.
yup... buy something and don't look back... something bigger and better is always coming around the corner

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Perhaps you should read this letter from Steve Jobs to all of us iPhone owners.

- John

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
This price you pay for technology businesss has been around for ever. I bought a VCR when they first came out. I paid somewhere in the $600-$800 range for something that wasn't even stereo. There was no such thing when they first came out. Now you can buy one for probably $50. If you want the first of anything, you are going to pay the price.
PS: I guess I didn't learn my lesson because I also bought a DVD player when they were a new item and paid some crazy price. DVD movies were $40. About like Blu-Ray now.

BD997

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Boston, MA
There is no difference between the 8g and 16g besides the obvious storage capacity right?

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
There is no difference between the 8g and 16g besides the obvious storage capacity right?

None that I can see, I feel like my 16 gig responds better then my 8 gig did but maybe thats only because its new and I was excited lol

singlefilerock

Bronze
Dec 27, 2007
thats technology for you..
i got a nano [first gen]
got excited
few weeks later a new one came out

then later an even newer one came out..

and they don't even give you much of a heads up.
its just like BAM
its out

Jun 11, 2007
Lansing, MI
www.freemod.net
I sold my 8gb on ebay for $425, which I had purchased mid-november. I was very honest in the listing, and offered to mod it too, which I did. I'm now typing this on my 16gb :).

I didn't feel cheated. In fact, I was excited when the 16gb was released, this means that Apple will be adding more features/abilities in time. I'm just interested to see what the iPhone 2G or whatever generation it is that a physical change occurs.

Vultren

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
When I heard this I thought it was a dumb move by Apple, it cost more money to produce more hard drive space, why would they offer this double sized iPhone when they 8GB iPhone was doing fine and making them quite a lot of money...?

Oh well. Thats businesss I guess. :oops:

KGMJr32

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
Boston, MA
I use the 8 gig as is...No modding what so ever. If you are not using the space why bother?

Khris

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Edmonton, AB
In the words of Artie Lange......

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Sep 10, 2007
i bought a replacement for a broken 8gb a day or two before they released the 16gb. how do you think i feel?

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
When I heard this I thought it was a dumb move by Apple, it cost more money to produce more hard drive space, why would they offer this double sized iPhone when they 8GB iPhone was doing fine and making them quite a lot of money...?

Oh well. Thats businesss I guess. :oops:
Actually, it only cost Apple $11.00 more dollars to make the 16g than the 8g. Net Profit, 89 more. Sounds like a winner to me. My 8 does fine for me, but if for some reason mine dropped and shattered into millions of pieces, I would get the 16, but I'm hoping mine see's me through to the next model.

gamedude9742

Bronze
Feb 27, 2008
USA
wow what i would do to be on the inside and get them for the price of the actual hardware not the consumer price all us had to pay :(..... id spend the money again tho for it :-D i love my phone