Made Modifications using the Springboard! U like?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Azteka

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
The 707
Check it out....its Nice that there is an option where u can skip the fourth line! u can put text or a pic of a car without having to cover it with your icons..i like it!

EDiT-I meant Summerboard instead of Springboard...lolz...

Last edited by a moderator:

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
That's Nates music game, Tap Tap Revolution...

Yeah, I don't know where the heck these guys get ideas for icons, I think they do a google>search>finger tap "oh hey a finger print image, that works!"

H

Hayesimus

i like it. i might use it for something else lol. it made me think of a zebra print. cause i like zebras lol. and then they got me thinking. i'm gonna make a zebra print icon for my SAFARI icon lol. kinda works. better than the compass anyway. gah! i mean honestly! a compass?

Azteka

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
The 707
i like it. i might use it for something else lol. it made me think of a zebra print. cause i like zebras lol. and then they got me thinking. i'm gonna make a zebra print icon for my SAFARI icon lol. kinda works. better than the compass anyway. gah! i mean honestly! a compass?
lol...zebras...that would be a nice background and icons to match it!

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Zerbra print sounds way more cohesive with the word "Safari" than a compass. The problem with a Compass is you have to create the relation in your head by realizing you would use a Compass to guide you on a Safari.

But a Zebra is a much easier correlation because we are more familiar with what we would expect to see whilst on a Safari than actually going on one and which tools to use, because quite honestly it's a dead form of travel.

LoLs.

Looking forward to your Zebra theme, you've got a good eye for color combinations which are new to me.

H

Hayesimus

you talkin to me about the eye for colors? or azteka? lol. i like colors that compliment. like LITERALLY comliment. like opposite eachother on the color wheel. you know? like red and green are complimentary. as are blue and orange. and yellow and purple. although i don't like purple. so i just use yellow with whatever. lol i wish i could find and adequate zebra print pic. like maybe of just a zebra skin rug. you know. something with texture. not just black and white stripes that are done with PAINT program.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
you talkin to me about the eye for colors? or azteka? lol. i like colors that compliment. like LITERALLY comliment. like opposite eachother on the color wheel. you know? like red and green are complimentary. as are blue and orange. and yellow and purple. although i don't like purple. so i just use yellow with whatever. lol i wish i could find and adequate zebra print pic. like maybe of just a zebra skin rug. you know. something with texture. not just black and white stripes that are done with PAINT program.
Yeah I was talkin to you, lol.

I hear ya on the color theory, mine combinations are a little less on the extreme ends of the wheel, but I'm getting there. The POP factor is just undeniable when you have two great complimentary colors next to each other. Oh and purple ain't so bad, it looks nice next to the right shade of green, very sophisticated like.

As for the Zebra print, have you tried looking on http://www.photos.com ? I have an account there for my businesss, if you find a zebra pattern you like I can download it for you and email it. I pay a premium for unlimited downloads there so I feel like I'm blowing money if I don't use it. Just send me a PM with the link to the image u want and I'll send ya a reply with a download link.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Check it out....its Nice that there is an option where u can skip the fourth line! u can put text or a pic of a car without having to cover it with your icons..i like it!

Very cool use for the 4th row like that, the thought didn't even cross my mind. Now I can see it has a purpose :)

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007

this is probably the most ugliest theme i've ever layed my eye's on !:laugh2:

H

Hayesimus

welli just spent the last few minutes throwin these together. what do ya'll think? icon.png

iconcolordefaultzebraphant.png

iconcolordefaultzebramonk.png

i like the zebra background. but it needed SOMETHING in the middle just to set it off. i kinda like the "i" but i'm afraid it may be too simple.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
welli just spent the last few minutes throwin these together. what do ya'll think? View attachment 1575

View attachment 1576

View attachment 1577

i like the zebra background. but it needed SOMETHING in the middle just to set it off. i kinda like the "i" but i'm afraid it may be too simple.
The Green "i" icon looks pretty sharp, nice colors.

The other two seem a little blurry on my screen compared to the first green one. Be cool if that monkey was holding an iPhone, lol!

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
awsome use of the 4th row.. this is what i came up with....

(with help of others)
Take that bottom theme and put it on a plate and serve it up because it looks done! Good balance and what not, only thing left is tinting your icons to the team colors to really seal the deal.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
haha! yeah that would be neat! lol
What may I ask are you using for your icon master file?

It looks a little smaller than what I'm used to seeing. It's been such a roller coaster ride trying to find the correct dimensions but I think I've finally gotten it, 59x60, with 1 blank pixel space on the left and right sides of the icon.

I haven't seen anyone else make icons besides yourself, so I've held off on posting my icon template psd file. I'll post it if you're interested.