Made that switch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Madlockz, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Madlockz

Madlockz Member
    Bronze

I switched from a 4s with sprint to a 5 with AT&T. And I must say I am totally satisfied. Although I am curious about how the 5 is holding up with sprint .

2. Hayesimus

Hayesimus Contributor
    Bronze

I wish I still had AT&T... :(

3. Madlockz

Madlockz Member
    Bronze

yes everyone is talking about the unlimited data plan that Sprint has but the service is messed up. I was always on Wifi (with unlimited data ) smh !

4. Hayesimus

Hayesimus Contributor
    Bronze

I'm in HELLizon... :(

5. Madlockz

Madlockz Member
    Bronze

Lol they want way too much money !

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Mindi and I both got Verizon iPhone 5 models, but we've both gone back to AT&T for various reasons.

7. damstr

damstr Member
    Bronze

Verizon LTE + iPhone 5 + unlimited data = win

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I missed simultaneous voice and data too much. Stayed with AT&T after getting a Verizon iPhone 5. That and the much faster 3g that AT&T has (where LTE is not available) is a win for me.

9. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

worship.gif ----> AT&T

10. damstr

damstr Member
    Bronze

There have only been a handful of times where I needed to use data while on the phone so its really not that big of a deal. Sometimes it would be very nice though! I will admit AT&T's 3G network is definitely way faster than Verizon but Verizon's 4G is superior to all the other carriers and I rarely don't have 4G where I'm at so for me it makes sense.

All depends where you live honestly and what you use your phone for but I will be holding onto unlimited data for as long as possible!

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

AT&T's LTE is comparable to Verizon's LTE where I live. I also use simultaneous voice and data quite often. So, for my use, AT&T is the choice for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Hayesimus

Hayesimus Contributor
    Bronze

I don't give a damn about the quality of signal if the customer service team is so incompetent an unhelpful that it makes me want to gouge out my eyes! If I could get even 1 bar of Edge where I live I would have stayed with AT&T and been extremely happy. I have fairly good signal with Verizon and thanks to the turmoil the made me endure during the switch I still have a bitter taste in my mouth...

13. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

The AT&T LTE here in Anchorage is unbelievably fast. And I don't think another carrier has it. We don't have Verizon. And even if we did, I have spent hours on the phone with Verizon, and have always had 10 star service with AT&T.

14. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

I left Sprint back when I had my Palm Treo 800W. I would lose my internet for days at a time and they would have no clue as to why. It was less expensive but what good is that when I could only use 75% of the services?!

15. Madlockz

Madlockz Member
    Bronze

Well I can most definitely see the difference in phone speed and phone service. One of the things that made me make my choice to switch to AT&T is that they have had the iPhone the longest , so they know all the in's and outs with the phone. Sprint needs a lot more time to get it together.

16. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

I had Sprint + Treo back in the day. Major league JOKE!

17. nealh

nealh Contributor
    Silver

I have stated before I think AT&T CS is far superior to Verizon. I live in Tampa and love FiOS, just hate Verizon CS. I went with ATT&T and would not switch too Verizon.
    Simultaneous data and voice is awesome even if I do not use it often. Speed is relative the LTE on AT&T is as fast as most wi-fi sources. So fastere is of little benefit in real life for me.
    Not to mention you get more data for less with AT&T.

18. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

I don't think AT&T having the iPhone the longest has much to do with anything other than their network is far superior to Sprint. It wouldn't matter what device you have.

19. Muckcityjustin

Gold

I have both att and sprint. I am in philadelphia and I really can't notice a difference in the two. Both are pretty much the same minus sprints LTE is about to roll out while ATT is available. So time will tell

20. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

I live in the outer boros of NYC and I have ATT and my dad has Sprint. I did a speedtest on his iPhone4S and it is truly a joke. He averages less than 1 megabit per second.