Made that switch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Madlockz

Bronze
Oct 7, 2012
I switched from a 4s with sprint to a 5 with AT&T. And I must say I am totally satisfied. Although I am curious about how the 5 is holding up with sprint .

Madlockz

Bronze
Oct 7, 2012
yes everyone is talking about the unlimited data plan that Sprint has but the service is messed up. I was always on Wifi (with unlimited data ) smh !

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I missed simultaneous voice and data too much. Stayed with AT&T after getting a Verizon iPhone 5. That and the much faster 3g that AT&T has (where LTE is not available) is a win for me.
There have only been a handful of times where I needed to use data while on the phone so its really not that big of a deal. Sometimes it would be very nice though! I will admit AT&T's 3G network is definitely way faster than Verizon but Verizon's 4G is superior to all the other carriers and I rarely don't have 4G where I'm at so for me it makes sense.

All depends where you live honestly and what you use your phone for but I will be holding onto unlimited data for as long as possible!

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
There have only been a handful of times where I needed to use data while on the phone so its really not that big of a deal. Sometimes it would be very nice though! I will admit AT&T's 3G network is definitely way faster than Verizon but Verizon's 4G is superior to all the other carriers and I rarely don't have 4G where I'm at so for me it makes sense.

All depends where you live honestly and what you use your phone for but I will be holding onto unlimited data for as long as possible!
AT&T's LTE is comparable to Verizon's LTE where I live. I also use simultaneous voice and data quite often. So, for my use, AT&T is the choice for me.

Hayesimus

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 12, 2012
I don't give a damn about the quality of signal if the customer service team is so incompetent an unhelpful that it makes me want to gouge out my eyes! If I could get even 1 bar of Edge where I live I would have stayed with AT&T and been extremely happy. I have fairly good signal with Verizon and thanks to the turmoil the made me endure during the switch I still have a bitter taste in my mouth...

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
The AT&T LTE here in Anchorage is unbelievably fast. And I don't think another carrier has it. We don't have Verizon. And even if we did, I have spent hours on the phone with Verizon, and have always had 10 star service with AT&T.

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
I left Sprint back when I had my Palm Treo 800W. I would lose my internet for days at a time and they would have no clue as to why. It was less expensive but what good is that when I could only use 75% of the services?!

Madlockz

Bronze
Oct 7, 2012
Well I can most definitely see the difference in phone speed and phone service. One of the things that made me make my choice to switch to AT&T is that they have had the iPhone the longest , so they know all the in's and outs with the phone. Sprint needs a lot more time to get it together.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I left Sprint back when I had my Palm Treo 800W. I would lose my internet for days at a time and they would have no clue as to why. It was less expensive but what good is that when I could only use 75% of the services?!
I had Sprint + Treo back in the day. Major league JOKE!

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
I have stated before I think AT&T CS is far superior to Verizon. I live in Tampa and love FiOS, just hate Verizon CS. I went with ATT&T and would not switch too Verizon.
Simultaneous data and voice is awesome even if I do not use it often. Speed is relative the LTE on AT&T is as fast as most wi-fi sources. So fastere is of little benefit in real life for me.
Not to mention you get more data for less with AT&T.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Well I can most definitely see the difference in phone speed and phone service. One of the things that made me make my choice to switch to AT&T is that they have had the iPhone the longest , so they know all the in's and outs with the phone. Sprint needs a lot more time to get it together.
I don't think AT&T having the iPhone the longest has much to do with anything other than their network is far superior to Sprint. It wouldn't matter what device you have.