Made the plunge

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JFN, Dec 30, 2011.

1. JFN

JFN Member
    Bronze

I just ordered a new 4S, that will be replacing my trusted jailbroke 3GS. seems there is a shortage of the 4s as it will be 1 to 2 weeks before it arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

You're going to love it, especially coming from the 3GS. I didn't qualify for a fully subsidized upgrade at release so I just got mine a few weeks ago. I miss my jailbreak still, but not as bad as at first. With the recent untether for iOS 5.0.1 on A4 and earlier devices, one can only hope the 4S and iPad2 are just around the corner. Sorry you have to wait so long ;)

3. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

CONGRATS! U made a GR8 purchase. My husband had the 3GS and got the 4S on launch day like me and he loves the dag on thing. :cautious: Me <---Jealous I love it too but I had the iPhone 4 so i'm already used to the family of iPhone 4 phones and what they can offer. The 4S is just a phenomenal phone!

No, really, coming from the 3GS is like night and day. The 3GS was a GR8 phone and will do in a pinch, but the 4 was better and the 4S is even better than that. You've got the Retina display, the imporoved camera, Siri and the speed. Any one of those things alone is a GR8 reason to get the 4S. You will definitely see the differfence in the screen quality, and if you like taking pictures, you will LOVE this camera on the 4S. The video is no slouch either.

Again, CONGRATS and welcome to the iPhone 4S Club. You will be soo happy you took the PLUNGE!

4. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Had my 16GB 3GS on tmobile for 2 years.
    Scored a 64GB 4S on launch day.
    So nice not having to worry about storage space and creative media management anymore:)
    Thought I would really miss my JB, and did at first, but I'm digging the stability of running stock.
    Might take some getting used to the square form factor of the 4S back vs the rounded design of the 'ol 3GS.
    You should notice a quantum leap in processor speed, worth the price of upgrade alone.
    Enjoy!

5. JFN

JFN Member
    Bronze

Thanks everyone for the replies, looking forward to the 4S.

Snowtrope:r 64gigs? My 3GS is 32 gigs an haven't come close to using it all so I ordered a 32gig 4S and was considering a 16.

6. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Congrats and hope it arrives soon!

7. snowtrooper1966

Gold

I just didn't want to have to worry about storage at all....
    Another upside is higher resale value when the next iPhone is released!

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Cool! It will most likely ship in one week and you'll get it a couple days after that.

9. JFN

JFN Member
    Bronze

Thanks, I have my. Fingers crossed.

10. JFN

JFN Member
    Bronze

I was in the Bay Area today an stopped by thr Valley Fair Apple Store and bingo, scored an iPhone 4S, canceled my online order at the store , activated as a new device and just about have it where I want it of course, without the jailbreak.

11. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

NICE! CONGRATS!

Smart Move, hell, why wait when it was right there!

12. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Congratulations! I hope you're enjoying it. Actually, I know you're enjoying it! It's great that they cancelled the online order for you right there. I've never been in that exact situation but it's good to know for future reference.

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

13. laughjimbo

laughjimbo Member
    Bronze

You'll love the 4s! I love mine and that is coming from the 4iPhone 4 so for you coming from the 3GS is like others have said be dramatically different.
    Enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe app

14. JFN

JFN Member
    Bronze

Thanks all, it's no been a day and a half since I picked it up and all I cans say is it unbelievable. Most of the time has been spent installing the apps I use most one at a time and reloading the data , so far the battery is a non issue everything works well with the exception of Siri and I'm sure it is an operator issue. My 3GS was jailbroke and the only app I miss is Ireal SMS.

15. JFN

JFN Member
    Bronze

Well I got Siri working , it was user error the reminder app is great, my new favorite.