Magic Mouse vs Magic Trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by silvermoon, Sep 22, 2015.

1. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I'm reviving an old thread... as some of you know, I do software development so mainly I'm reaching out to any other developers. Is it easier for you to use the mouse/trackpad, or both, when writing code or working in apps like Photoshop?

The issue I've had lately with my mouse is drag and drop is not seamless. It's often difficult to select a few items and drag and drop them to the trash or another folder. Does the trackpad have more gestures that simplify these actions?

After long use, I also find that my wrist hurt with the mouse. Ergonomics is something else I'd like to look into, maybe a wrist pad or gel pad.

With that said, I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Sounds like you're starting a new one, lol. ;) For reference, here's an except from my reply to your previous thread.

I will reiterate that the trackpad has more gestures and requires less movement overall, in my experience. I can be more precise with the MT as well, both in terms of scrolling and zooming gestures, selecting text, as well as precise positioning of the cursor. See my comment above about using a gel wrist rest, which makes a big difference for me. You should try a MT, I think it would be a big improvement to your comfort and productivity.

3. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Apple sent me a Magic Trackpad today to go along with the Magic Mouse. I still need the gel wrist rest for comfort, but the TrackPad is great. I like how precise it is and there is a lot of space for moving the cursor.