Magnet flap case ok?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by radtechy, Oct 2, 2012.

1. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

Would there be a problem using a magnet flap cell phone case for my iPhone 5?

My concern is the magnet messing with any of the circuits or battery. If I were to get this it would be used once in a while not daily

I like the sleekness of having just the speck candyshell on it but sometimes I would like it on my belt instead of in my pocket but still leave the speck on also.

I would have got the otterbox defender. I tried it and it was too much effort to hit the top left corner due to the bigger screen and a wide case. I had it for my 4S and liked it

2. Mad_Man-16

Mad_Man-16 Member
    Bronze

as long as it is a "iPhone 5 case", then in my eyes it should be fine :)

3. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

What do you mean? As far as I know there aren't iPhone only ones.

Blackberry has a special one that kills the screen when put in the case

It's just generic. I found it at target shows a pic of an iPhone for example of what it fits but they don't care they just wanna market a case.

4. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

They sell iPhone 4, 4s, and 5 cases like this, but they don't shut off the screen in the same way an iPad does. I've seen tons of them in eBay. They are similar to this: http://bit.ly/Pu2lvd. You can find many more styles on eBay.

To answer the question, these magnets shouldn't have any affect on the phone. They've been out for a while and I haven't heard anyone complaining about them hurting their phones, so consider this a good sign that they are ok...

5. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

Bump

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe

6. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

I was given such a case for my birthday when I was using my 3Gs. The magnet in the flap was so strong that the case will stick to a metal shelf. When using that case, my phone would ALWAYS die, i.e. complete loss of signal. A big disappointment as it's a really nice leather case. YMMV

Any impatience you show will only create more stress.

7. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks I returned it

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe