Magnet flap case ok?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

radtechy

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
Would there be a problem using a magnet flap cell phone case for my iPhone 5?

My concern is the magnet messing with any of the circuits or battery. If I were to get this it would be used once in a while not daily

I like the sleekness of having just the speck candyshell on it but sometimes I would like it on my belt instead of in my pocket but still leave the speck on also.

I would have got the otterbox defender. I tried it and it was too much effort to hit the top left corner due to the bigger screen and a wide case. I had it for my 4S and liked it

radtechy

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
What do you mean? As far as I know there aren't iPhone only ones.

Blackberry has a special one that kills the screen when put in the case

It's just generic. I found it at target shows a pic of an iPhone for example of what it fits but they don't care they just wanna market a case.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
They sell iPhone 4, 4s, and 5 cases like this, but they don't shut off the screen in the same way an iPad does. I've seen tons of them in eBay. They are similar to this: http://bit.ly/Pu2lvd. You can find many more styles on eBay.

To answer the question, these magnets shouldn't have any affect on the phone. They've been out for a while and I haven't heard anyone complaining about them hurting their phones, so consider this a good sign that they are ok...

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
I was given such a case for my birthday when I was using my 3Gs. The magnet in the flap was so strong that the case will stick to a metal shelf. When using that case, my phone would ALWAYS die, i.e. complete loss of signal. A big disappointment as it's a really nice leather case. YMMV

Any impatience you show will only create more stress.