Magnetic Closure Issue...

jdxlee

Sep 26, 2007
I have read various forums on this topic and there seems to be some that believe a magnetic enclosure would damage the iPhone and others that believe that the magnetic is not strong enough....Does anyone have a definitive answer on this topic.

I use an iskin revo and would like to have either a side case or holster that is compatible w/ my iskin revo. The Seido holster for skinned iPhones and Seido horizontal leather case seems to be compatible as well, has anyone used these products? Any recommendations?

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I have read various forums on this topic and there seems to be some that believe a magnetic enclosure would damage the iPhone and others that believe that the magnetic is not strong enough....Does anyone have a definitive answer on this topic.

I use an iskin revo and would like to have either a side case or holster that is compatible w/ my iskin revo. The Seido holster for skinned iPhones and Seido horizontal leather case seems to be compatible as well, has anyone used these products? Any recommendations?
Knock yourself out over whatever cases that meet your protective and decorative needs. For a magnet to be a problem, it would require a magnetic field of significant strength not credible to be found in typical cell phone use.

H

Hayesimus

well. i just know i wouldn't want to risk it. there are alternatives to magnets. I know a very small magnet ruined my mom's TV when i was little. I'd DIE if my phone was useless because i had to have a magnetic case! :S

jdxlee

Sep 26, 2007
Has anyone used the Seido Holster for skinned iPhones or the Seido horizontal leather case for skinned iPhones?

Feb 19, 2008
I've been using a hard Agent 18 clear case, and because I like shiny things, I put crystals all over it. Now, my husband used to have an Agent 18 Eco Shield (which is hard as well) that he was able to fit into a DLO leather hipcase with minor issues. Mine was a little too bulky after the additions to use the same case (even though I loved it), and I went with a leather case for a Palm 650 series phone. This case has the hidden magnetic closure, and I've been using it for well over 3 months with no issues. The magnets won't damage your phone. There are posts about this on the macrumors forum as well. I wouldn't recommend waving an industrial strength magnet back and forth across your phone, but putting it in a case with a magnetic closure isn't goiing to hurt it.:)

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
I have been using a magnetic case almost as long as I have had my iPhone which I got on iday and I can tell you I have NOT had any problems at all. Infact I LOVE my case. Its the magnetic flip case from www.senacases.com. Check them out!