Magsafe power connector is just brilliant!

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Whoever thought of this idea should be given a raise.

How many of you have saved hundreds or thousands of dollars by not doing any damage to your computer when the power cord is accidentally bumped, yanked out, etc.?

It just happened to me again. This is probably the 5th or 6th time this little feature has saved my ass.

Way to go Apple! :cool:

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX

How many of you have saved hundreds or thousands of dollars by not doing any damage to your computer when the power cord is accidentally bumped, yanked out, etc.?

It just happened to me again. This is probably the 5th or 6th time this little feature has saved my ass.

totally agree..one of my favorite features of my MacBook

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
wasn't sure if i was going to like it but with the MBA i decided that i like it..... it is prety cool. i have damaged a charger that way. [tripping over it and pulling it out]

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007

I couldnt agree with you more. After unboxing and plugging in, I initially thought, "WTF?" As I realized there was a magnet, I was like, "WOW!" This is one of the coolest concepts ever invented. Too bad no one else (to my knowledge) implements this in other cords.

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
I couldnt agree with you more. After unboxing and plugging in, I initially thought, "WTF?" As I realized there was a magnet, I was like, "WOW!" This is one of the coolest concepts ever invented. Too bad no one else (to my knowledge) implements this in other cords.

I have a small deep-fryer that uses this technology! It's like 5 years old. Way ahead of Apple, and the french fries are mmm-mmm-gooood:laugh2:.

colombianito

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
I have a small deep-fryer that uses this technology! It's like 5 years old. Way ahead of Apple, and the french fries are mmm-mmm-gooood:laugh2:.
me too...10$ frier from walmart has it too ! love it...

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
It's also how the Apple headset connects to the dual dock and the line chargers.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I guess that when the 1st time you see this is with an expensive item as the MB, its easy to think its a new concept and not something thats been around for a while.