mail app problems - no subject no sender

This has been going on for a few weeks now. I use gmail, set up as an exchange account and I am constantly getting mail that shows No Subject, No Sender. The way I have found to clear it is to click into the running multitask apps and close the mail program. Then when I open it again the sender and subject shows up. Even though this fixes the problem temporarily it's really getting annoying having to constantly shut down and restart Mail.

Are others having this issue? And if so has anyone found a permanent fix?

Thanks!

theritter

Jun 11, 2010
Is your phone jailbroken? Do you have lockinfo installed? I was having this problem until I installed the most recent version of lockinfo just a couple of days ago.
I know that some of the other lock screen display programs have been causing this issue. There may be some other problem causing this, but I would start with that.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
Or Notifier on a jb phone. I had both LockInfo and Notifier. Took off the latter and issue was gone. But I did also upgrade LockInfo at the same time sooo.....

I also found that if I switched from the 'universal mailbox' view to the direct view the issue would go away. Doesn't solve your problem, I know, but it is quicker and less of a pain then having to quit mail....

Yes, I have both LockInfo and Notifier. I just removed LockInfo and that seemed to fix the problem. However, I really like LockInfo - one of the main reasons for JB. So I guess I need to decide whether the annoyance is worth it until they come up with a solution.

As far as I can see I have the most recent version, but I'm going to reinstall it now and see if I still have the issue.

Thanks for your replies!

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
yes the newest version of lockinfo fixes the problem. I had it to an the developer said it was fixed in this release.