Mail App problems

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
-*-*-*- Mail App problems -*-*-*-

BTW, i love the iPhone and almost everything about it. i am having a problem that is either me or software. anyone else set up the iPhone to receive their gmail email accts? i did and the lowest number of emails that it will receive is 25. i cleaned up my inbox (all archived) and now there is nothing in it...but my iPhone keeps pulling the next 25 emails no matter what (even old stuff that i've read). if i delete 25...it brings the next 25 from the archives. how do i stop this. i only want NEW messages to show up on the iPhone. if theyve been read, i don't need a copy on iPhone.
any advice?

MandyCh1ck

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
BTW, i love the iPhone and almost everything about it. i am having a problem that is either me or software. anyone else set up the iPhone to receive their gmail email accts? i did and the lowest number of emails that it will receive is 25. i cleaned up my inbox (all archived) and now there is nothing in it...but my iPhone keeps pulling the next 25 emails no matter what (even old stuff that i've read). if i delete 25...it brings the next 25 from the archives. how do i stop this. i only want NEW messages to show up on the iPhone. if theyve been read, i don't need a copy on iPhone.
any advice?
I had the same problem and don't know an easy solution but here's what I did.

I set my mail settings to clear from server when removed from inbox. (I understand you may not want them off the server so skip this if you want, it's just what I did.) I also put the settings to delete from deleted folder as quickly as possible. These both are probably optional, I just wanted them off my phone as quickly as possible.

Then I deleted them, one by one. Haha. It goes quicker if, once you're in your inbox, you touch edit (top right) and then use the minus signs on the left to remove.

I couldn't find an easy solution, maybe someone else can.

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
yeah, i could find a work around like this...except the archive feature of gmail is very important to me. i need to keep records of all my businesss emails for later reference. i don't understand why archived emails are showing up as unread emails on my iPhone. shouldnt they be considered READ and not even transfer to the iPhone. someone please help me! if there is no answer, then how can i make a SERIOUS request to fix it in the next software update?