Mail App

bkushner

Bronze
Jan 22, 2008
Is there a way to send mail from the mail app without downloading your messages first?

I get hundreds of emails that I mostly manage from my desktop. So to open mail app to send a quick email it downloads my mail first and I have to sit there and delete one by one.

Brian

bkushner

Bronze
Jan 22, 2008
I tried this and it actually opens up the mail.app to send the mail thus downloading the messages as well so back to square one.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Is there a way to send mail from the mail app without downloading your messages first?

I get hundreds of emails that I mostly manage from my desktop. So to open mail app to send a quick email it downloads my mail first and I have to sit there and delete one by one.

Brian

I have my iPhone set to only hold 50 email messages at a time so that I do not have to delete them all from the iPhone. Will that help?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I tried this and it actually opens up the mail.app to send the mail thus downloading the messages as well so back to square one.
yes I know that, but it is about the best you can do. This way you can at least send the message first. I agree it would be nice if there was a way to turn off the download feature. I was just going by your original post.:)