Mail download

mickey35

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
New G3, O.K. for a week, now last night and continuing, I'm on WIFI and Mail will not download. It continues to say "Checking for Mail" the rotating item is spinning, but after hours and hours, still not mail.
Checking on my big Mac, there was and it mail there.
Help please.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Read the thread above titled A new 3G Issue? You answer is there but your not going to like it.

rmfnla

Bronze
I saw lots of people with similar problems but nothing that looked like a definative answer as to why this happens.

Did I miss something (wouldn't be the first time...)?

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
My suggestion would be turn off 3g, you can keep your wifi on. Hold down your home button and sleep button together until the phone boots to the Apple screen. You should receive your mail ok. I find that if I use 3g for web or apps I most of the time have to go through this process to get mail. To answer your question why this happens, keep reading this forum.

mickey35

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
complete info

My suggestion would be turn off 3g, you can keep your wifi on. Hold down your home button and sleep button together until the phone boots to the Apple screen. You should receive your mail ok. I find that if I use 3g for web or apps I most of the time have to go through this process to get mail. To answer your question why this happens, keep reading this forum.

I live in an area without 3G, so it has been always turned off. So, before I take your suggestion of a re-boot, do you still suggest I do so?
I'd hate to lose anything.
Thanks

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
So, before I take your suggestion of a re-boot, do you still suggest I do so?
I'd hate to lose anything.
Thanks
You won't lose any data, but not sure this will help. I would delete the mail account on the phone and redo it. Several people have had to do this and it seems to work.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
I think Im losing my mind, I could've swore I posted in this thread.... derrrr

At any rate I haven't had any problems with my email till about an hour ago than it happened, it started to check for mail and nothing would download even though I knew I had email. I went ahead and deleted my aol addy on my phone and readded it and that seems to have fixed the problem... for now anyway.