Mail Forwarding

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
login to hotmail -> options -> (under "manage your account") click on "forward email to another email address -> type in an address

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I did this yesterday. Straight forward procedure. Only issue I had was I had to wait for my existing MSN hotmail account to upgrade to the current version. In the old version, there were no options for e-mail forwarding.

Go to Yahoo.com and set up your e-mail account. You will need this to forward your hotmail from. Once I had the e-mail account established and my hotmail was forwarded, I set up my Yahoo e-mail on the iPhone.

Very easy. :laugh2:

Jul 14, 2007
I did this yesterday. Straight forward procedure. Only issue I had was I had to wait for my existing MSN hotmail account to upgrade to the current version. In the old version, there were no options for e-mail forwarding.

Go to Yahoo.com and set up your e-mail account. You will need this to forward your hotmail from. Once I had the e-mail account established and my hotmail was forwarded, I set up my Yahoo e-mail on the iPhone.

Very easy. :laugh2:

ok. how did u set up your hotmail to forward the emails to yahoo?

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Are you using Windows Live?

When I first logged on to my MSN hotmail account (from the msn.com homepage), I still was using the older hotmail program. There was no mechanism under options for selecting forwarding to other e-mail. I was able to update my account and complete the transition to Windows Live. Under options, there is a button to turn on forwarding to other e-mail.