Mail not saving e-mails?

mcquaid1

Bronze
Dec 8, 2007
Ireland
Im using my gmail and my work email on my iPhone mail program, my gmail all works fine and it stores all my mail on the iPhone aswell as in gmail but my work email, as soon as i read it on my computer its gone off iPhone...so if i need to read an email while im out of office i cant?

anyone know a quick fix please?

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I don't think your mail is set up correctly, are you using exchange for your work email?
Try removing and adding it again.

mcquaid1

Bronze
Dec 8, 2007
Ireland
how do i find out what im using? ive it set up on outlook on work comp so never have to log into anything? ive tried setting it up again but it didn't work

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
How are you setting up your email on your iPhone? Also, you need to know if your work are using an exchange server. Im guessing they are.

Let me know how you have added the account to your iPhone

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Is your work email and gmail email both setup on Outlook? My guess is your Outlook is pulling it off the server so that your iPhone can no longer access it. I might be reading it wrong but your iPhone work setup is set to leave it for a week. Check your Outlook settings and make sure it has similar settings. That might be the key to give your iPhone a chance to pull down the same email.

mcquaid1

Bronze
Dec 8, 2007
Ireland
just my work mail on outlook, i changed setting so both are the same but still wont allow iPhone to download all emails

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
In Outlook, if you go to your Email Account settings, click MORE SETTINGS, then goto ADVANCED TAB, what is your delivery options set to? Is it set to LEAVE A COPY ON THE SERVER and if so how long?

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
The only auto deletes I ever enable on any system are for junk/trash. Everything else, I want to be the one who decides when a file goes bye bye. Kind of like on Windows, I never use the recycle bin. On OS X though, I only know of the 2 step process. I delete the file but it always goes to Trash and I must then empty Trash. I don't need or want that. When I delete it, I want it gone not before or after.

YMMV