Mail signature iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by CarlCollado, May 26, 2011.

1. CarlCollado

CarlCollado New Member

Hi, I need to set up a different signature for each of my three email accounts. Is it possible on the iPhone? I can't find a way to do it.

2. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I don't think it's possible, not from the phone at least, there's no option for it, just the one.

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Like Benny said, no option on the iPhone to do that. Most providers offer a signature option for each email address. Who are you using for mail?

4. CarlCollado

CarlCollado New Member

I have two mail accounts set up on my Mac. Exchange and Gmail (both through Mail from Mac). in Mail I can switch between many created signatures, but in the iPhone there is only one choice. Too bad :(

5. Imperious Dev

Imperious Dev Member
    Bronze

Hi,

Natively speaking, iOS does not provide separate signatures for different mail accounts. The standard is 'Sent From my iPhone' which is changed in SETTINGS >> MAIL, CONTACTS, CALENDARS but this is a global change as you know which applies to all accounts.

If your device is Jailbroken then you can use MailEnhancer which is a tweak from Cydia which allows an HTML enhanced signature to be applied to each account.

6. offroadhunter

offroadhunter Member
    Silver

+1 on MailEnhancer.. I just had this same exact conversation with a friend.. he was adamant you could have multiple sigs with stock ios but has discovered that's not the case. I'll convert another to JB soon!

7. Imperious Dev

Imperious Dev Member
    Bronze

I think with the introduction of iOS 5 it may be the case, but at present its a negative.
    SIGnify in Cydia is also an option but I believe it has far less features than MailEnhancer

8. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I started using MailEnhancer Pro Yesterday. Love it. Like the multiple signatures allowed for different email accounts. I hated deleting my current and changing every time I typed an email. This is why I LOVE jailbreaking.

Here's some info on it: http://mailenhancer.stm-design.de/