Mail sync with iTunes, ever work?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

col3man

Aug 6, 2007
Ogunquit Maine
So I'm in China right now and have my data-roaming disabled.. there is no wifi in this crap hotel, So I want to read some emails on my phone as I go to get a coffee.. The phone has not sync'ed itself for 4 days... I plug it into my MBP and it does the auto-sync.. cool.. the "sync" mail tabs are checked, yet after it finishes it's sync, the old mail messages are still there and it has not updated to the newer changes in my MAIL boxes.. I have noticed when I sync'ed before, even with EDGE DATA on, the phone did not sync mail.. Does it ever work? has anybody actually ever had the mail sync through iTunes?

WTF?

Thanks-

Coleman.

col3man

Aug 6, 2007
Ogunquit Maine
thanks y'all..

you'd think that the mail content would sync.. I tried on my MacbookPro "sharing this ethernet port to airport" option and couldn't get it to work either..

Hmm.. I'll just lug my laptop around 'till I find a network..

Thanks

Coleman.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
thanks y'all..

you'd think that the mail content would sync.. I tried on my MacbookPro "sharing this ethernet port to airport" option and couldn't get it to work either..

Hmm.. I'll just lug my laptop around 'till I find a network..

Thanks

Coleman.
Cole, that's (sharing the ethernet connection) exactly what I would have tried but apparently that ain't working'. Curious as to why it didn't work, but I assume you tried everything.

--
Mike