Mail + Trash

Filmbrain

Jul 24, 2008
Hi all --

First time iPhone owner, so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

When I delete emails in the Mail app to the trash, I see they sit in the trash folder (obviously).

My question is -- do they ever get deleted automatically? If so, is there a way to set when they should be deleted? Or do I have to continually go into the folder and do a manual delete.

I sure hope not, because I have six email accounts, and would hate to have to do that for each account.

Thanks in advance!

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Hi all --

First time iPhone owner, so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

When I delete emails in the Mail app to the trash, I see they sit in the trash folder (obviously).

My question is -- do they ever get deleted automatically? If so, is there a way to set when they should be deleted? Or do I have to continually go into the folder and do a manual delete.

I sure hope not, because I have six email accounts, and would hate to have to do that for each account.

Thanks in advance!
go to settings then click on email settings. You'll then see a tab with your email address. Click on that then click on advance. you'll see the option to delete after a certain time.

Filmbrain

Jul 24, 2008
Thank you BigCiX, but that option is for deleting from the mail server, which I don't want to happen -- I'm just looking to delete locally from the iPhone.

go to settings then click on email settings. You'll then see a tab with your email address. Click on that then click on advance. you'll see the option to delete after a certain time.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Methinks what happens on the phone happens on the server.