Mailbox App Reservation

jcmitchell5

Contributor
Silver
Feb 19, 2010
Arkansas
I only have gmail accounts for my college email and personal. It is working great so far. Once I got all of my emails transferred to where I want them the battery has done great. I may just keep this app on the bottom.

Sent using iCafe app

jcmitchell5

Contributor
Silver
Feb 19, 2010
Arkansas
After a week of having this app, I have really enjoyed if so far. Everything works great when moving into folders. I have notices a couple of cons. When opening new messages I have to hit the back button and open again to get it to load fully. I also am having a hard time getting attachments to load in the message. I do not know if I am looking in the wrong spot for them, or if they are just not working in the app. Overall I would give the app a 3 out of 5 stars.

Sent using iCafe app

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Have been using if for a few days... Still taking some getting used to, but a solid app so far. Can't decide if I want to keep it or not just yet. I don't like that I can't make it my "default" mail app throughout iOS. Not the developers fault, but this may be a deal breaker for me.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
After all the hype from the launch and patiently waiting for about two weeks, I'll be honest and admit that it was a bit of an anti-climax when I set my mail up. When this app supports more types of email accounts it'll probably be more worth my while, but for the time being I'm more than happy with the native Mail.app for iOS.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
After all the hype from the launch and patiently waiting for about two weeks, I'll be honest and admit that it was a bit of an anti-climax when I set my mail up. When this app supports more types of email accounts it'll probably be more worth my while, but for the time being I'm more than happy with the native Mail.app for iOS.
yes I smell the BS the second I saw a countdown ticker.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
yes I smell the BS the second I saw a countdown ticker.
I can understand why they've done it the way they have, but truth be told it's a a glorified email client which involves a few swipes (short and long) from left to right. It's nice to use though!

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I can understand why they've done it the way they have, but truth be told it's a a glorified email client which involves a few swipes (short and long) from left to right. It's nice to use though!
I'm a little more skeptical, people want what they can't have, all you have to do is create the impression that there are a limited number of any particular item and people will flock. Case manufactures are using this method, Apple also uses this method. This is a new electronic way to create the same conditions. I predict we will see many more apps appear in this fashion.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Well not even a week into my testing, I ditched the app back to stock mail. It's a pretty nice app, but just not for me yet. My guess is that Apple will incorporate some of the "slides" into the next big update of iOS.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Probably not far off. I'm on the waiting list for something called Tempo, and I can't even remember what it does!

Sent Using iCafe App
Lol see what I mean? Well it's psychology 101 employed by these companies, smart way to promote their products! :D

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I really, truly dislike this reservation system, but it's still better than what the Koozoo devs did, in my opinion. They launched an app that only works in two cities out of the whole USA. What's worse, when you run the app in a city other than these two, you don't even get a notice that the app is not yet available in your area. What you get is an app that freezes when you try to log in. A dev possessing any level of professionalism would have displayed a message to the effect that "Koozoo is not yet functioning in your area. Thank you for your interest."

This isn't even a 1.0 app. They're by 1.4 and they're still pulling this crap. Horribly unprofessional, but if Apple is allowing this in the App Store, they're partly to blame.

Interestingly, people everywhere around the States--even in the two cities that the app claims to be working in--mentioned under this app's Reviews that the app is constantly crashing.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I must say, the counter looks majestic. Feels like I'm at the gates of Heaven waiting to get in. The peace dove at the lower right-hand corner was a nice touch.
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1362406964.749875.jpg

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I uninstalled Mailbox. Got tired of it. Besides, I have Mail Enhancer Pro which makes the stock email app more functional and customizable.

Reactions: jmp316

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
I uninstalled Mailbox. Got tired of it. Besides, I have Mail Enhancer Pro which makes the stock email app more functional and customizable.
I have to agree. It was cool for a few days, but then got old. The wait made me think it was going to be revolutionary or something...