Mailbox App Reservation

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I got my notification this AM that it's ready to use. Is it really much better than the stock mail app? I'd like to know before I make the change.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
I got my notification this AM that it's ready to use. Is it really much better than the stock mail app? I'd like to know before I make the change.
If you just want to test it, like I did, just turn off your email accounts in settings, don't delete them. If makes a switch back to the stock mail.app easier, if you decide to go back to it.

Woesong

Bronze
Feb 12, 2013
I can't find anything not to like about Mailbox. You swipe right and watch. First there's a check then an X; the first will archive and the second delete. You swipe left and cut for sign. The first will give you a page of options; the second a list of folders. You can zip through a heavy mailbag in minutes, and your inbox remains clean.

You have HTML editing, and in-coming is rendered legible on your phone. (This isn't a given, you know.)

I have too many mail accounts, so I just took the Gmails off-line in Mail Settings and tuned Mailbox to those. Nothing wrong with Mail, but nothing wrong with seeing what else is out there either.

Sent using iCafe app

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
I now have my mailbox. I am impressed with it so far. It reminds me a bit of the SMS client found on Android with all the swiping. I like the SMS on my GSIII so I am chuffed with it. It's also very clean and easy to use. Glad I waited! It was a long wait with 560,000 people in front of me!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Excellent news. Those folks should be able to afford a decent server or two. Hopefully they axe the old CEO of Mailbox:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Just got my mailbox. When I went to log in, it said it wanted to manage my contacts also. Since I sync my contacts with iCloud, will this in anyway interfere with that?

Sent Using iCafe App

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I love countdowns. I don't know what good this app is gonna be once the countdown is over :(

Almost there.

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1363786923.731511.jpg

I never had much respect for this app because of the countdown model, not to mention that they only support gmail, but I've come to like it for the suspense factor...

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I love countdowns. I don't know what good this app is gonna be once the countdown is over :(

Almost there.

View attachment 28574

I never had much respect for this app because of the countdown model, not to mention that they only support gmail, but I've come to like it for the suspense factor...
Don't get too excited. Unless you only use Gmail then it's going to be a kick in the...