Mailbox behavior?

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
I have yahoo. It's been consistent my deleted and trashed messages showing up again in my inbox after 3 or 4 days. Is there a particular reason or somewhere in settings I need to do. I tried deleting the account and adding it again and still the same, thanks

hinky

Bronze
Jul 10, 2009
I have yahoo. It's been consistent my deleted and trashed messages showing up again in my inbox after 3 or 4 days. Is there a particular reason or somewhere in settings I need to do. I tried deleting the account and adding it again and still the same, thanks
Did you delete these items on Yahoo?

Apparently the iPhone grabs the last X number of emails that are still available on your server, at least that is what happens by me. I delete emails to a minimum and then find the mail app grabbing very old emails it hasn't seen before as part of the "last X emails" that are on the server. I think that Stevie Jobs' idea is that everyone should be using IMAP and I don't care if you're using POP email. It's maddening but not sure you can do anything about it. Others can speak more on this topic.

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
I deleted them from the iPhone not from my pc yahoo mailbox. Now I know why it's doing that. I'll see If I can use IMAP with yahoo, thanks

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
When deleting mails they go to archive, is there a way for deleted mails go directly to trash bin? Thanks

EMSJunkie91

Bronze
Jun 28, 2010
The only way I know of getting a gmail account to delete instead of archive is to set it up as a IMAP account. I'm not 100% sure on how to do that though. Unfortunately this archive stuff is a feature that Google thought was a good idea.

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
Oh well, guess have to deal with it.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Check your Settings app. My Gmail account settings have an option for turning archiving on or off.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Kadelic, it just took you to shine the light on the very thing I wished I could do with my gmail accounts on my iPhone. Just take Archive off and I can DELETE these dag on messages the easy way. I was deleting them but it took a few taps to do, now I can do it immediately.

I can't believe I missed this on settings. It was there all along!

Thank you soo much!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
What about if you delete a message by mistake, can you retrieve it?

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
I added a 3rd account to my phone recently. It is a shared account for the household but I was also puzzled as to why that account archived rather than trashed deleted messages. For a second, I followed your clue and turned off archiving and then thought better of it since it's a shared mail account. There just may be circumstances when archiving is actually a benefit.

YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app.

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
Hey thanks. it was in the settings.