main script execution failed! why does it do this

aanndrew1

Feb 25, 2008
ive used ziPhone
to jaibreak my phone

was woring perfect until i added a sourse
then the sourse wasn't showing up so i restared my phone it came back on then i could find the source i went to install and i got
script execution failed!

why ? ive never seen this before and its not momory i cant do anything now :'( new chats just come out aswel

i don't want to go into all the restore jailbreak with ziPhone add everything again already don't that about 3 times now its annoying me

please help

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Script Execution Failed! is a generic error response from Installer. It can mean any number of things, but is most commonly seen when a Source's information is not current with the hyperlinks it has to the files it hosts.

This is most common after Jailbreaking. The installer which is added comes preloaded with sources, unfortunately they're all outdated since PolarBearFarm has helped pick up the slack by hosting files for the community. This means trying to download program X from an outdated source is now looking in old locations for the files it wants to install. When it doesn't find them it reports "Script Execution Failed!"

To remedy this problem, update your sources, Community Sources specifically. If its listed under your Sources category, then you're on an outdated feed and is why you keep erroring out. Failing that, I would assume the source your'e trying to download from has issues of it's own.

aanndrew1

Feb 25, 2008
it was with everything i couldnt do anything grrr starting again lol! this time im not going to do loads hmm im anry now need a cigg im stressed !

thank you for the information :)

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Last edited by a moderator:

aanndrew1

Feb 25, 2008
thank you for all your help and sorry for blaming someone else when it was my fault LOL!
i did sumit rong in that code thing
im a new comer to installin apps
but i got it working again now :D