major help needed on best ways to clean iPhone

Sep 10, 2007
all right everyone please use this post to place your dos and donts on how to clean the iPhone and take out scratches or any other thing of that sort please don't hold anything back currently I'm very interested in knowing how to clean the silver side parts thanks for any help
:laugh2:

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I just dampen a napkin and wipe the whole device down. Almost always h20 but I have used windex once or twice. I just wouldn't spray it directly on the phone... If all else fails, my shirt tail does fine...

abohsali

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
Hello,

I use the iKlear from the Apple store. It is supposed to be safe for electronics. I first use an air duster to clean the headphone jack and the dock and then damp the soft cloth that came with it with iKlear solution and wipe the entire surface of the iPhone. It works like a charm as it does on my Macbook Pro.

-Bohs

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
I just whip outt he windex and a microfiber cloth from my HDTV and spray the cloth with it works wonders for me really shines up the bezel well.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
i use monter screen cleaner and a microsheer cloth.... its the stuff you but for lcd tvs or laptop screens

SkyyBoy

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Hawaii
a simple, plain microfiber cloth (nothing on it) works fine for me.
if i REALLY need, i use some lens cleaner (from my Nikon camera). I figure that if it is OK for camera lenses, it is OK for my iPhone...
I would stay away from Windex, etc. That stuff is really strong!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I dampen the cleaning cloth with a little bit of alcohol, and am careful to stay away from holes. Be sure to to use anything on the camera except super-soft material.

astrolux

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Same as mrgrumble. Once a week, when I am changing cases I use compressed air to clean out the headphone jack and dock opening, then use the microfiber cloth and some of the cleaner for my Flat Screen. Works like a charm.