Major iPhone Software Update Coming September 5?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

smcmanus

Sep 1, 2007
Apple is holding a special event on September 5, as all of you know. Rumors are circulating that the event will last more than two hours, which is too much time to just reveal a single new product, such as a new iPod.

I think that Apple will also unveil a major iPhone software update that will include many of the features that customers have complained are absent from the iPhone.

Opinions? :cool:

propynyl

Bronze
Aug 12, 2007
iTunes Ringtone store only (and iPods)

Custom ringtones are a definite (although it sounds like you will only be able to use ones you purchased through iTunes).

I hope they give us more, like a good calander update, copy paste, etc. But I don't think so. I think this will be strictly businesss and be the "iTunes ringtone store" only.

Who knows, they software could already be on our iPhone like it was for the "iphoto .mac update" and we could continue to be stuck with 1.02. That's my guess.

Arcangel2176

Silver
Jul 24, 2007
engadget mobile says they hear that the ringtones will be made official on the 5th with an upgrade to the iPhone and iTunes.

RTpics

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Malibu CA
I guess they will reveal a new line of Cinema Displays the ones now are very old. "IMAC style" and as they do not make a web cam anymore this would be incorporated into these.

A definite release date for leopard OS.
A touch screen ipod
An online music store

Maybe an update for the phone but why hold a conference for the phone and updates ?

j2chulo

Aug 25, 2007
My hope for the update.

Flashplayer
sort of window video player including Dvix extension
fully Java support

and finally and easy solution to unlock the phone. LOL

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Here's what I'm hoping for!

Cut & Paste.