MAJOR problem with iPhone volume

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
The volume on my phone is so bad, that I can't even have a conversation unless I'm at home sitting in silence. Just walking through a shopping mall was enough back-round noise to make a conversation impossible. Even driving drown the highway-windows up-I could barley hear the other person, and I drive a lexus.

I'm going to Apple tomorrow after talking to tech support-I hope to god it's just my phone and not all iPhones. I have a hard time believing that a phone with so much R&D would have a speaker this bad. It's almost unusable when there's even the slightest bit of back-round noise.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Buy a Jawbone and forget about using the handset for audio. Every smartphone I have ever had seems like the earpiece doesn't work that great. Once you use a bluetooth headset you will never have to worry about it again.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Agreed. The ear volume is very low. The person on the other end says that my voice is clear though. I think it's all the phone.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Mine is definitely not a problem. In fact, when I turned the volume up a tad it was too loud and I had to turn it back down.

My mother was having some trouble with her voice sounding very quiet to the person she was calling. I haven't heard if she figured it out yet. She's pretty scrappy. I think she'll track down the problem. ;)

T Mac5b

Jun 30, 2007
I had the same problem, until I realized I hadn't removed the protective plastic from the top of the phone, which was muffling the sound. So I cut that plastic the size of the screen (to keep it protected) and it worked fine.

captain4004

Bronze
May 2, 2007
Charleston SC
the speaker is not so hot
I concur but my ear speaker is just fine, I like to remind everyone that it's a gimme with all of the phones that were shipped nationwide there were bound to be some lemons or a few limes in the bunch. I had to send my first MacBook Pro back to Apple 3 times before they figured out it was due to bad parts and they sent me back a brand new one and upgrade my hard drive, it has also been work great ever since.

So hang in there, keep your cool and everything will work out, my phone is hitting on all cynliders and I am loving the WOW factor:laugh2: when people see it.

rich806

Jun 21, 2007
An other Bad Apple?

I loved everything about my iPhone after I activated it and did the sync up until the part where I wanted to listen to some music. With the volume up I had to put the iPhone speaker to my ear and could barley hear the song so I tried to change the ringtone and still could not hear anything but a faint dog bark or chirp. I did the resets that the online owners manual talks about, hold the pwr button and the menu button and still did not work. Next step do the restore on the iTunes site. When I did, it frooze up the iPhone and gave me "unknown error code 2003". Now my new iPhone is stuck in the restore mode. After 2.5 hrs of talking and holding with Tech support I'm going to get it mailed in to get fixed or replaced. They did offer me a loaner iPhone while mine was getting fixed for only $34.00...Nah i took the sim card out of my iPhone and put in my Blackjack and it works fine. I'll just send mine in. I hope nobody else is having this problem.

The volume on my phone is so bad, that I can't even have a conversation unless I'm at home sitting in silence. Just walking through a shopping mall was enough back-round noise to make a conversation impossible. Even driving drown the highway-windows up-I could barley hear the other person, and I drive a lexus.

I'm going to Apple tomorrow after talking to tech support-I hope to god it's just my phone and not all iPhones. I have a hard time believing that a phone with so much R&D would have a speaker this bad. It's almost unusable when there's even the slightest bit of back-round noise.

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
Buy a Jawbone and forget about using the handset for audio.
Is this a serious response? A 600 DOLLAR cell phone that is suppose to be the most revolutionary and innovative device in decades has a ear phone that is so bad you have to buy a headset to be able to make calls?

I will be returning the phone if this is as loud as the handset is and there isn't something wrong with my phone. With all the features it has, it's worthless if you can't use it.

rich806

Jun 21, 2007
Another Bad Apple?

I have to send mine in to be fixed or replaced because the speaker is so low I could not even hear my music. The volume was all the way up. I tried to do the resets and the resore on iTunes and it froze up my iPhone so it is stuck in the restore mode and iTunes can not even read it now. They did offer me a loaner phone for only $34 while mine is getting fixed. I took the sim card out of my iPhone and put in my Blackjack and saved that $34. Hope nobody else is having this issue.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
ah man...i was just about to start a thread about the call volume-speakerphone...i guess i don't have to now...man this situation is MAJOR...

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
ah man...i was just about to start a thread about the call volume-speakerphone...i guess i don't have to now...man this situation is MAJOR...
I waited in line for 12 hours, I'm very disappointed. I absolutely love the rest of the phone (for the most part), but the volume is just way too low.

A few other things I don't like are that it's a lot harder to use while driving-which may or may not be a good thing:) It's almost impossible to text while driving, and making a call isn't exactly simple. You have to unlock the phone, hit the phone button, then find the persons name or go into recent calls. That's a lot more work than it takes to make a call on another phone.

On a scale of 1-10...
Innovaitve-10
Appearance-10
Features besides the cell phone feature-10
The device as a convenient and effective cell phone-5 at best

n9ngx

May 31, 2007
I waited in line for 12 hours, I'm very disappointed. I absolutely love the rest of the phone (for the most part), but the volume is just way too low.

A few other things I don't like are that it's a lot harder to use while driving-which may or may not be a good thing:) It's almost impossible to text while driving, and making a call isn't exactly simple. You have to unlock the phone, hit the phone button, then find the persons name or go into recent calls. That's a lot more work than it takes to make a call on another phone.

On a scale of 1-10...
Innovaitve-10
Appearance-10
Put your most called in the favorites, then it's easy. I used it in the car to cal quite a few people and it was no problem

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
I just received my first picture message. Instead of the phone downloading it automactically, I have to go on the web to a specific site, type in a long ass message ID that I would have to write down, and an even longer password that would have to be written down to remember. This just keeps getting worse and worse....

n9ngx

May 31, 2007
Some of these phones could be bad; simple as that. Mine is perfect. I can turn up the volume on the earpiece side and it actually gets too loud. I was in side the Apple store this morning and it was noisy and packed and I carried on a perfect conversation and ear volume was excellent. I heard that 1 out of the 80 that were sold last night at the AT&T store where I got mine was returned because it was absolutely dead. There are bad ones out there.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL

On a scale of 1-10...
Innovaitve-10
Appearance-10
ah man...ah man...i'm not sure what to say man...if the call volume is way too low, what's the point of...ah man...i am really concerned now...we must remember that this is a phone, not an ipod...the phone IS the most important use of the phone...

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
ah man...ah man...i'm not sure what to say man...if the call volume is way too low, what's the point of...ah man...i am really concerned now...we must remember that this is a phone, not an ipod...the phone IS the most important use of the phone...
I'm even more bummed about the picture messaging. On my verizon phone I was able to view a picture message I received in 3 or 4 seconds by hitting one button.

On the iPhone I have to get on the web, which could take several minutes using EDGE, and type in a long ID and password to even see the damn pic....

hoop

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
arlington,texas
Mine is definitely not a problem. In fact, when I turned the volume up a tad it was too loud and I had to turn it back down.
same here, i was talking to a g/f of mine and it was raining where she was and i could here the rain hitting her car so to me this is really good here.
and when i listen to my music videos i like how we can set the EQ to like 15 differnt setting and yes its very loud